Guess the problem

A noise developed on me. As I drive, it sounds like an even, high pitched vibrating whine. It occurs when I drive straight, increases it's vibration level when I turn left, and goes away when I turn right. The whine's pitch increases as speed climbs. From what I can tell, it is confined to somewhere up front. I had my brakes done 1100 miles back, all four. I'm going to get it fixed on the weekend and so far the guesses have ranged from: Rear end damage. Universal Joint. Brake rotor warp. (Though there is no pumping, the brakes stop smoothly.

Any guesses?

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

I was going to say driveshaft or u-joints. I have had

2 warped driveshafts that had similar symptoms, except for the left turn thing....maybe a good lo' fashion wheel alignment might help. I would look over the steering rack too.

-- Buzz Haze-Ottawa ON

87 5.0 LX Coupe
Buzz Haze

Bad wheel bearing(s).

Probably the result of no or poor greasing and/or excessive tightening, after removal of brake rotors.

-= Francis Yarra =- fyarraATjunoDOTcom

- My drywall website
- My C64 website
- My personal website

Reply to
Nospam9212

I hope this is the issue. Then I can lay it on the people who did my brakes.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

don't forget to let us know what it turns out to be :)

Kate

| >>A noise developed on me. As I drive, | >

| >>an even, high pitched vibrating whine. | >>increases it's vibration level when I turn left, | >>goes away when I turn right. | >>The whine's pitch increases as speed climbs. | >>it is confined to somewhere up front. | >>I had my brakes done 1100 miles back | >

| >Bad wheel bearing(s). | >

| >Probably the result of no or poor greasing and/or excessive tightening, after | >removal of brake rotors. | | I hope this is the issue. Then I can lay it on the people who did | my brakes. | -Rich

Reply to
SVTKate

Serpentine belt Steering rack Power steering pump Smog pump

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

I'm thinking it's steering related also.

Steve Something up my sleeve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Power steering pump/serpentine belt.

How many miles on each?

doc

Reply to
doc

Wheel bearing ! Had this problem on many a car!! Good luck!

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
elmo

About 54,000.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127

Thanks and I think your guess is likely the right one.

-Rich

Reply to
rander3127