Park assist...

Check this out...

Park assist on the Evoque....

I can already envisage the accident report forms.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

April 1st me thinks ???

Reply to
DieSea

And this????

WelshGas

ROTFLMAO

New Keyboard and monitor please

Reply to
DieSea

Hi All,

96 Discovery, 300tdi, Automatic.

Last week the car started vibrating as I accelerated up the on ramp onto the motorway. Easing off the accelerator - the juddering stopped - power on again - more juddering. I carefully accelerated to about 60 mph and the vibration stopped after it got above 50 mph and selected top gear. The car now judders as I accelerate up to 30 mph. Backing off stops it. I have noticed a tinny rattle or a whiny squeal when accelerating. I'm not sure if it is connected to the juddering. I've checked the autobox fluid level and is seems normal. I tried selecting drive and accelerating with the brakes firmly applied - no funny noises. The problem only occurs when the car is being driven.

Car failed it's MOT on Friday - body needs welding and windscreen cracked, but otherwise okay.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Davy M.

Reply to
DavyMurray

I can guess what you're thinking ... but don't assume that it's the gearbox!

Have a look at the propshaft UJs - and in your case possibly the rubber doughnut at the rear axle input.

Reply to
Dougal

Wheel balancing weight dropped off?

Reply to
hugh

On or around Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:50:51 +0100, "DieSea" enlightened us thusly:

did you follow the link?

I think you'll find that park assist is real though. Mind, I did notice that the car behind them in the demo was another LR product, wanna bet it belongs to the factory so they can hush it up if it didn't work?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 01 Apr 2011 17:08:42 +0100, WelshGas enlightened us thusly:

I want one. wouldn't even be hard to make, just needs suitable bearings and a weight at the bottom. I bet they develop it now, I can just see people all going into the dealers saying "when can I buy one"?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've heard it referred to way before seeing the video and April coming around.. yet to see it in the flesh.

Reply to
Lee_D

The self leveling tax disc is a rather nice April Fool but very obvious.

Yep, also available as an option on the Skoda Yeti SE and above.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It was one of the propshaft joints. Front propshaft, the end nearest the transfer box.

Thanks Davy M.

Wheel balancing weight dropped off?

Reply to
DavyMurray