New Seats For Jetta?

Hey all. I have a 90 Jetta GL 1.8 8v and was wondering if there is any sites you can point me to about some "better" new seats that will fit right in. I have a 4 door modal. Thanks.

Reply to
Randy

Where are you, and what color interior? I have a 1988 GLI 16V (4D) with Recaro's that I'm considering parting out. The seats have grey velour seating surfaces with black vinyl bolsters. They are in good condition (mildly squashed driver's side left lower seat bolster with slightly stretched seams, passenger seat has minor coffee stain that will come out with some spray shampoo, NO cigarette burns), although I haven't been able to get to troubleshooting the power height-adjusters. Matching back seat is also in good condition. Let me know if you're interested, I'm in the Baltimore/DC area.

Andreas

Reply to
AD

Reply to
RRRRRJetta

With those kind of kilometers per day i'd be looking for crazy ways to install seats out of something like a new Volvo or Mercedes Benz....

I have heard that old Audi seats might fit in, but I don't know anyone who has actually tried it (tho one buddy is seriously thinking about doing it, or seeing if its really possible). I mean you could buy one of those sports seats, but I don't know how comfortable those would be either (tho they seem pretty good, but sitting in a seat for 2 mins is different from 2 hours).

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

I also have a Recaro interior from a '87 GLI, in Fort Worth TX. Driver's seat will need minor repair, priced accordingly. Otherwise everything's good. Door panel's may be included, if I can have yours.

Actually, if anyone wanted to change to power windows, and has a dark gray

4-door Jetta, I'd do a swap on all 4 doors

| |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B