Replacement seats for `95 Legacy Wagon

Hello all,

My mom has a 1995 Legacy L wagon that just turned 274,000 miles and is running amazingly great. However because this car has been used so much in the last 10 years by myself, my mom, and sister, the drivers seat has become 'flat' so to speak. It's like the springs/foam or whatever supports the bottom of the seat is becoming misfigured and severely worn out so that when I sit down I can feel a metal wire frame along the side of the seat. I figure the best thing to do would be to replace seats in this vehicle, but I'm not sure where to check (besides salvage yards - and their quality sometimes in salvaged cards can be iffy at best). The interior color is grey and the seat type is fabric.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Brad

Reply to
B. Walker

Salvage yards.

Typically, the seats there will have much less mileage than what you've got. I did the same thing once with a Toyota truck with 300k.

Want perfect? Call the dealer, but sit down before you do, 'cause it's gonna' cost!

Reply to
Bonehenge

Will pieces from the passenger side swap over? Or shop for Sparco or other after market racing seats? I dunno

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Sounds like the seats are beyond repair.

Definitely not the dealer. If the dealer has can order original seats, I would imagine that it could be in the stratosphere, like maybe over $1000. You might be able to get repair parts for the seat. For example, a headrest goes for about $110.

I'm wondering what I would do if I ever needed to replace the seats in my 2004 WRX. The front seats contain the side-impact airbags.

Aftermarket replacement seats aren't that expensive. However - would your mom be OK with something like a Momo seat? Try JC Whitney. The hard part would be to find a compatible bracket.

y_p_w

Here's are some other options:

Reply to
y_p_w

For what it is worth, just about any and all seats from any year Legacy/Impreza/WRX will bolt in with no modifications. I have seats from a 2002 LL Bean Outback eg installed in my 95 legacy wagon. Only had to tinker with the seat belts.

Reply to
johninKY

Well, darn; I just tossed a decent set; taking up too much room in the garage :-(

Where are you? I'm sure I can run down another good set, but shipping will be prohibitively expensive. I'd suggest a local salvage yard; IIRC the front seats from _any_ Legacy, '95 thru '98 or '99 will work. Some came with leather, and some had additional adjustability as well, so look around to see what's available before you plonk down your cash. If you find a car with a good set of leather seats, see if you can get a package deal on _all_ of the trim; front and back seats, door panels, "woodgrain" surrounds, etc. (rear parts will be specific to the wagon, obviously). Probably not a whole lot more costly than the front seats alone, but this really "dresses up" your car.

ByeBye! S.

Any idea if a Honda seat will fit? I recently drove my wife's 1998 Honda Civic hatchback and noticed her seats are much better than my Subaru's.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Reingold

Thanks for the info. Is there any place I could get a colorguide to try and match up the colors as close as possible?

Reply to
B. Walker

I'm located in the eastern panhandle of WV. My zip code is 26851.

Reply to
B. Walker

If you're going with a wrecker, ask if they've got one to match the trim code stuck to your car. Paint and trim codes on both of mine were inside one of the front guards. Anything that's done half your mileage should probably outlive the car (!) - but a low mileage full interior may only be about 2 - 2.5 times the seat cost and as someone else said, really dress up the interior.

I can recommend some good wreckers in Aus, but that doesn't really help you much! Cheers

Reply to
hippo