help me replace door hinge pins

1988 5oh. Its got sagging doors, both sides.Is there any tricks to make this job easier? My idea is to rig a floor jack to support and adjust the door while installing pins. I'm bolting(countersunk) a 2x6 centered to the jack,then use wooden shims on top of the 2x6 to adjust the door level front to back . Anything I should know about this job? Or is it as straightforeward as it looks?.

Thanks

Reply to
Tony Montana

Tony Montana opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

You seem to have the idea... it's just a little tedious and requires some care, that's all. Nice to have a helper while you have the pins out (one at a time)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Skunkfeet

when i had my 66 mustang years ago and i had to remove the door and then put it back and align it... i did this: put the door on and tightned the bolts on the hinges lightly.. and put some popular mechanics magazines between the door and the frame... one on the area by the hood, one on the back and two on the bottom... then closed the door lightly.. if it looked pretty straight i would then open it up slowly and tighten the bolts some more.. close the door and make sure it was aligned up and then open it up slowly and tighten the bolts up all the way... never failed me yet.. that was back in the late 60's.. i guess it will work with just about any door(the later models probably have heavier doors and i dont know about the thickness of the popular mechanics books now but back then it worked out fine for me...

Reply to
dbird