Help please Ford 400ci V8 (possible OT)

1978 - Body PK VIN = F25HECG3043 (decoder says that is F250, 2WD, V8 351 cid, 2BBL, 161-165HP, Mahwah (NJ))

Engine it self has factory sticker on valve cover: (I write it down on the paper tonight, I'll take a picture if needed)

Engine Family = 5.8M / 6.6 "D" (2x124) Engine Displacement = 6.6L (400cid) Evaporative Family is TN - Catalisator??? D9VE-9C485-AA ACJ

Originally it had "Automotive"?? 2BBL carb, and now it's 4bbl Holley on it...

Transmission is AUTOmatic with console shift.

Few questions: Can you tell me, where to find S/N on the engine to check numbers match?

What kind of spark plugs do we need (heat range), he bought some that parts shop said it would fit but they aren't the same as the old one which we have

2 different types installed in the car...

Any other usefull info we can use to make this car running is welcome. Didn't know where to ask so I posted here, sorry if OT

Thank you in advance

Reply to
Mike Torello D.E.A.

Just a quick read of what you typed in sounds as if you have a 400M. The M(or Modified) if I recall corectly is something between a clevland and windsor. It was a creature of the mid to late 1970s.

To check on parts, the best catalog is probably rockauto's (rockauto.com). Lots of cross referencing linkage, part numbers, etc. For spark plugs it shows: MOTORCRAFT Part # SP450 {#ASF42CF4} Gap: .044 Those are probably the modern version of the ford stock plugs. You can work backwards from there to get the right kind in your local brand if they are not one of the many carried in the rockauto catalog.

Reply to
Brent