How do I :Cyl balance test on a '00 GT.

I would like to do a cylinder balance test on my Mustang GT.

A. How do I get it into the test mode.

B. Does the 4.6 L engine have a cyl balance test ?

THX

Reply to
Blix

Unlike EEC IV, OBD2 doesn't have an "on board" contribution test..... however, if the right scan tool is chosen, a cylinder contirbution test can be run in a "live" state. This test allows for adding load to the engine (by putting it in gear) while viewing data.

Reply to
Jim Warman