What's the single best thing to do to a 2.3....

who's driver wants a bit more power, and the torque band moved down to around 3Gs so I can use it on the highway?

Reply to
elaich

Trade it i for a V8....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Check out a SVO newsgroup or website.You can make a 2.3L with well over

300-400hp! Benefits are insurance, lighter, and gas. Oh and not to mention whooping SOME 8 cylinders and the gratification you can get from it.

Reply to
Nicholas Anthony

I've seen some very strong 2.3s in the past.... unfortunately, the crankshafts aren't built to take that kind of torque/HP and reliability suffers. Additionally, reaping that kind of power can be spendy and turn a car into something that get's worked on more than it gets driven....

I'm an old timey kinda guy - even at todays gasoline prices, there is no replacement for displacement.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I know you want to know 1 single thing, but, I did a cam change, Offy intake and a header. This resulted in a engine that would rev nicely with good power and still got me 25mpg with a 3spd auto.

Reply to
deadcarnahans