How strong is the 68 conv. windshield pillars??

Guys,

Just wondering if my 68 mustang convertible capsizes would these pillars give way or are they reinforced like your newer BMW's and Mecedes Benz.

Just precautious!

Reply to
Jeffery

I seriously doubt they would hold...that's why my mom wouldn't let me get that '67 convertible for $700 when I was 16.

But I have a '97 convertible now....with no plans to capsize it.

Also, without that steel roof up high, convertibles have a lower CG and a lower tendency to rollover . (I tried that argument when I was

16)

Sidebar - My buddy's 70 Cougar coupe pillars didn't hold, so it's not just convertibles to be concerned with. (he was ok)

DP

Dinsdale

Just keep the rubber on the road, and you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Reply to
SVTKate