how to rebuild '67 wiring harness ?

Hi,

I'm in the process of restoring my 67 coupe. The front wiring is pretty messed up (short cuts, rotten insulation etc.). The connections behind the instrument cluster still look quite ok. Looking at the prices of new harnesses I was wondering if it is feasable to rebuild a harness on your own? Just buy some wire, new connectors, rip out the old hardness and cut the new wires accordingly? Doesn't seem to be too difficult, does it? Has anyone ever done that?

regards, Patric

Reply to
Patric Nolle

Replace it, don't repair it........If your planning to hold on to the car, it's well worth the money spent...............

Bill S.

Patric Nolle wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

If you're just doing the wiring under the hood, the harness' are pretty reasonable. The headlamp loom ($160-195 depending on model), alternator loom ($30) and engine feed harness($25) will take care of most the underhood wiring. The trouble with buying wiring, is the color coding. I haven't found any place to purchase the proper wire color/stripping. JF

Patric Nolle wrote:

Reply to
JF

but the underdash loom is 600-700 bucks.....

a sizable chunk of change for me...

Reply to
Ralph Snart