Hybrids; A scam whose investment you never recoupe

regurgitation of the nay-sayers.

Blah blah blah

Show me ANY empirical model that says a hybrid is more ecologically or financially sound than its conventional gasoline or diesel model counterpart, and you get a gold star. You are in denial. You are self-righteous. You are comparing apples to oranges. APPLES TO ORANGES. S-10's to Priuses, neither of which are on-topic in a Mustang group.

You want ecologically sound, and off-topic? I ride a freaking MOPED to work and to do errands, and get 100 mpg. My beater sits for weeks at a time. And, my moped purchase was a left-over, and as such, it does not compel the dirty, coal-fired manufacture of one of these nightmarish hybrids with their miles of wires, electrical motors, batteries and other crap that will pollute the world once the novelty wears off, or you have to repair it and spend three grand or more (oh, the indignation you will feel). What did it cost you? DUPE!

My other cars are old, and I keep repairing them myself.

You could never, ever, ever save more particulate and CO emissions in

100,000 miles with a new Prius than I could with my zero-emissions-controls 1967 Mustang at 13 mpg on mid grade. Never. Ever. Show me you could, and you get a freaking medal.

Did I mention yours had to be manufactured, and was not recycled and refurbished? Did I mention I tune mine with a wrench, my ears and my nose? Did I mention parts for mine have already been manufactured, and are scattered everywhere, common and cheap? Did I also mention yours were not, were made dirty old coal-fired electricity, rife with non-ecologically sound plastics, and the pollutants from the manufacture of these fantastic innovations are polluting my air, too? Yeah. My car is made of tinkertoys, and yours, a nightmarinsh web of tangled garbage. I AM THE ECOLOGICALLY MINDED ONE AND YOU ARE THE DUPE. Every time I see a hybrid, I think, "a sucker really IS born every minute". Understand your argument or shut your freaking hole. Who cares about how well your a/c works, or stability control? Hell if I do. You're comparing WHAT AGAIN?

-- Wound Up

Reply to
Wound Up

into paying MORE for overpriced, nightmarish little

just make? I think you just said, "a fool and his

facts. I remain convinced you are a self-righteous,

money is next to be taken, apparently!!!

conjecture, and that's all. How scintillatingly average

Did you not get your fiber this morning ?

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

duped into paying MORE for overpriced, nightmarish little

you just make? I think you just said, "a fool and his

facts. I remain convinced you are a self-righteous,

your money is next to be taken, apparently!!!

conjecture, and that's all. How scintillatingly average

DID YOU SEE MY NAME? This is just how I am. And don't be condescending to me; I don't think you can back it up.

-- Wound Up TS #65

Reply to
Wound Up