Hyundai's First Musclecar

Ford's new 5.0 Mustang gets new competition, and it's from Hyundai.
Who would ever guessed even a few years ago Hyundai would build a 5-
liter, 429 HP RWD coupe?
Patrick
Reply to
NoOp
It's not built YET, while the Genesis has the short deck long hood required for a ponycar, I'm not sure it has the room under the hood, looks tight.(small) Something to look out for though, they sure look lighter and I'm not aware of how well it handles. It does have four wheel Brembo's. And the Stang really has more than 412hp.
Reply to
GILL
OK, in that blog they say the motor fits the chassis, they also tested the V6 and didn't like the handling.
Reply to
GILL
Some of us did sorta. They threatened to do it several years ago, to make a Mustang competing V8 Tiburon.
Reply to
WindsorFo
Odds are it will be like other hyundais that look good on paper, look like something more expensive at first glance... but when looking closely it becomes apparent they are just cheaply copying styling and other features.
Reply to
Brent
they would have to beef up the chassis quite a bit, and drivetrain, and a lot more......
Reply to
mordent
I really have no clue to what these cars are made of, but I can't get into the styling from the outside, and the big closed-in dash area looks like it would give me claustrophobia. And who would it be marketed too? Most kids are against V-8s, and most Muscle fans don't care for imports. (Mostly)
Reply to
GILL
Motor Trend's July issue they compared the Hyundai 3.8 Genesis to the V6 Camaro, Challenger and Mustang and the Genesis won. So if they get their V8 version right we might have a [new] 4-way battle.
Patrick
Reply to
NoOp
Got to remember that the genisis was designed from the start to have a V8, but was dropped from release because of economics. But now with Hyundia doing great sales, they must have decide to give it the v8 shot.
Reply to
FalconGuy
The Genesis won what? The figure 8 by .4 secs.? (that against the Mustangs solid axle) And the Mustang won all the other comps., including the price.....$6K less! But they choose the Genesis because it didn't have a bulging hood.
Reply to
GILL

Site Timeline Threads