New 5.0s Now Running 9s!

Simply amazing! And from all outward appearances, besides the
aftermarket wheels and stickies, the car looks completely stock.
Gotta love that! Check it out. I only wish the music wasn't dubbed
over the actual drag strip sounds.

Patrick
Reply to
NoOp
"Performance swapped out the stock six-speed transmission for a C4"
This is what popped out that article to me.... is someone making special bellhousings and adapters or does a C4, an ancient transmission design here well into the 21st century, actually just bolt right up to Ford's new 21st century V8?
Reply to
Brent
And is it really that much better, or was it a decision based solely on having an auto trans??
Reply to
WindsorFo
I understand why it's done for this application. there's no need for electronic fanciness for 1/4 mile runs. The C4 can be set up specifically for the task and likely made beefy enough to take the horsepower levels the car reaches with N2O. I just find it odd that there was even a way to bolt one up to the new V8.
Reply to
Brent

Site Timeline Threads