I GOT ONE!

Stopped by the dealer, and the car was still three weeks away. :(

But then they did something Real Nice. :)

The swapped a nearly identical car off the lot and gave me the same sticker deal as my order. This one was a tad more because it had the Shaker 1000, but I had been having second thoughts about not getting it. And it had the sport interior instead of the full IUP, but I was having second thoughts about the shiny dash as well. It was just my day, I guess. Everything else identical to my order. Straight MSRP of $29,375. I put a few hundred on a credit card to drive it off the lot, and I'll go back with my checkbook tomorrow to pay off the rest. I think the fact I was just buying it outright helped.

I wasn't expecting this, but they let me leave my truck there overnight. :)

OK, gotta go burn six MP3 CDs for tomorrow. Sadly, I have to go to work in the morning because I have two meetings I can't miss. I sort of called them, so, well, it's bad form to miss one's own meetings.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Hows that rose-tinted windshield? Glad you are happy! :-)

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

He may have a rose-tinted windshield, but without the IUP, he can forget about having rose-tinted gages. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

I don't get it. Are you harshing my buzz?

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Stuff like that is fun... for about a week.

I remember when I got my first power adjust seat. Futzed with it for a week, and then I don't think I ever adjusted it again.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

Phew! Finally!

Don't ya just hate when you think you want one thing then discover that you really wanted something else and get stuck with what you thought you wanted in the first place?

And it had the sport interior instead of the full IUP, but I was | having second thoughts about the shiny dash as well.

Like you said about the seats, some toys are really only fun for the first week after Christmas.

It was just my | day, I guess. Everything else identical to my order. Straight MSRP of | $29,375. I put a few hundred on a credit card to drive it off the lot, | and I'll go back with my checkbook tomorrow to pay off the rest. I | think the fact I was just buying it outright helped.

Glad to hear it... but... what color is it? Interior color? Wheels?

| | I wasn't expecting this, but they let me leave my truck there | overnight. :)

Of course they did. If they hadn't you may have walked out without the Mustang.

| | OK, gotta go burn six MP3 CDs for tomorrow. Sadly, I have to go to work | in the morning because I have two meetings I can't miss. I sort of | called them, so, well, it's bad form to miss one's own meetings.

That's the problem with those nasty little car payments. You have to make money so you can pay for the car. You realize of course that you aren't going to be worth a hoot all day, you will have Mustang fever. Prolly park it near a window so you can gaze out at it now and then.

Can't say I'd blame you if you did! Happy Day!

Ok, so now you arent Quietly Desperate anymore..... right?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah. I sat in it for about 10 minutes giving it a good think.

Windveil Blue, Light graphite, 17" Alum. If you have the brochure, it's basically the light blue one on pages 20-21. The sales woman twice inadertantly called it "Windevil" blue, although "windevil" might work for a tan color.

Not really. I told them I had to go bring my truck home and get a ride back, and had one lined up. It was no problem, but the freeway was getting REALLY hosed at that point (this is Southern California), so this was more convenient. I'll get the ride over around lunch today when it's less crowded.

The saleswoman was more excited than I was. ;) She wants one BAD, but they won't let the customers even order one yet.

Which is why I paid cash. :) I'll sit down today and figured how much I saved in interest. It was the largest check I've written since the down payment on my house 10 years ago.

Sadly my office window looks out over an internal courtyard area. I'm a pretty relaxed sort of person, though, and I'm so glad The Ordeal is over.

I may take tomorrow off, though. :)

Oh, I was never really quiet. Desperate, perhaps, but never quiet. It's just from the Thoreau quote: "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:15:08 -0800, Quiet Desperation wrote something wonderfully witty:

You're lucky you don't share your vehicle. Seems I am always adjusting my seat back into the "ideal" comfy position. Next time I buy the "family" vehicle I am going to make damn sure it has memory seats. Jeez I hate readjusting my damn seat.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:14:08 -0800, Quiet Desperation wrote something wonderfully witty:

No why would he do that? It was a feeble attempt at a funny. He meant you can't have the 100+ color combinations for your garages. Neat feature, but I think the novelty would wear off after a while, unless of course your a kid or a pimp and want to color coordinate your interior lighting to your outfit.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Have you heard of the expersion "Rose-Tinted glasses"? The experssion means that all things seen thru the glasses, or in this case, his windshield, are seen in a candid manner. I sincerely hope you enjoy your new Mustang.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed

| >> but without the IUP, he can forget | >> about having rose-tinted gages. :) | >

| >Stuff like that is fun... for about a week. | >

| >I remember when I got my first power adjust seat. Futzed with it for a | >week, and then I don't think I ever adjusted it again. | >

| You're lucky you don't share your vehicle. Seems I am always | adjusting my seat back into the "ideal" comfy position. Next time I | buy the "family" vehicle I am going to make damn sure it has memory | seats. Jeez I hate readjusting my damn seat.

I have many times thanked the Gods that hubby and I drive with the seat in the same spot. Though, he drives his, I drive mine.

Recently I drove his truck. I pushed in the clutch and started it. It began moving on it's own. I pushed a little further and it was still moving. It took a second to realize that my legs were not quite long enough to get the clutch all the way in but went far enough to let it start. I got a good laugh out of it.

Rather than mess up his seat, I just scooched around enough so I could make it work.

Like you I HATE it when someone rearranges the interior saces in my car.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

AuTo or StiCK Shift? I hope you put the car thru its paces and let us know how it compares to an older one? Enjoy your ride and appreciate the fact you can afford one.

Reply to
dave

Auto. I know that's a sin to some, but I live in a Major Metropolitan Area[tm].

Can't. This is my first Mustang. It's quicker than my Ram. :) Although my truck has a 5.9L V8 so it's no slouch.

I appreciate it, but I also work very hard for it.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

I know. I was just funnin back.

I'd like to be a pimp, actually.

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

lmfao another tard buys a piece of crap

lmfao send my kid to college

hurc ast

Reply to
firefox7620

I think you need a hug.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Reply to
Quiet Desperation

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:12:31 -0800, Quiet Desperation wrote something wonderfully witty:

You really do want to be a Pimp.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Buh HAH!! Havn't heard that in YEEEEARS ROFL!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Oh, I thought it sounded like Pink Floyd myself.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Don't worry, the only reason some mechanics see the same cars over and over is they are the crap, not the car. I have an 89 and the only time it's been worked on is when I upgrade something other then replacing the water pump and ther rubber peddals. The new Mustangs also have a really high reliability rating. You wanna talk about crap? lets talk about early to mid 80s Jags or early to mid 80s Cimmeron/Cavaliers. OMG!!

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]