Installed 8.8" rear-end with 3.73 gears........need help

Hi All,

Well lastnight I finally got rear-end installed in my 85 Mustang GT.........at a certain point though we noticed that the rear-end I bought had been modified. The cross member where the springs sit.....attaches to the rear-end in such a way stock.......providing normal height of the car's back-end. Well on the rear-end........brackets were welded to this to extend where this cross-member connects. The result is that the back-end of my Stang is too slammed like I mean tuckin tires! The guy I bought the rear-end from must have done this to lower his car. This might be hard to follow but I am trying to explain best I can.

I drove it home lastnight and when accelerating or just driving normal.........all is well........when I let go of the gas and decelerate.....I get a rubbing sound.......seems to vibrate a little. Guys can you suggest anything to get my Stangs butt off the ground..........?

Reply to
Steph

put your factory lower control arms(part the spring sits on) back on,use the original holes, sounds like you have part of something like a southside lift bar installed all wrong.

Reply to
winze

Reply to
Steph

the ride height should not change, compare the holes on the 8.8 with the 7.5,go from there, the only way to raise it if everything else is correct is to install taller springs, my bet is your problem is southside brakets welded to the rear, If you mount a stock cobtrol arm to it the car would sit to low, remove the brackets and install the control arms in the factory location.

Reply to
winze