Need Different Rear End Gear (1988 Nissan 200SX)

I have a 1988 Nissan 200 SX that I race in an asphalt short track. I have had some problems with the gear ratio I have and the track distance. I can't get much of a run out of the corners. I have to run in third (3rd) gear second is too low and third is too high.

My rear-end is a R-180 IRS, with a 4.11 gear ratio, what is available in terms of a lower gear for this rear-end, and where can I find it?

Thanks to everyone, Charlie Law Dog Racing

Reply to
Charles Hawkins

If you want correct speedo readings, get the right speedo drive to match the diff ratio as shown on the inlinestroker page.

Peter Hill

I think to get anything lower, you'll have to get some motorsport ones. They are like $450 and come in 4.36 and 4.63 but are for the R200 diff. Seems they also have gearsets up to a 5.14 for the early Z R180 which might be able to be used.

Reply to
Steve T