Any one run old fashioned Turbos with an X pipe?

I'm thinking about swapping out my Aero Chambers for some good old fashion Turbo mufflers. You know the kind you can buy for $15 from the local parts store. I was just wondering if anyone has tried them with an X pipe. I checked mustang exhaust .com but all they had was Super Turbos from DynoMAX. I had those on my Bronco and they sounded more like glasspacks than turbos that I remember.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

A good friend of mine uses Turbo mufflers (he works at Autozone.. manager) with an X-pipe (no idea what brand, sorry).. sounds REAAAL good... I still want some flowmaster mufflers though.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Oh.. and it's a 1995 Mustang GT. Sorry.. forgot to mention in first post ;).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Glad to hear it. I was going to pick up the turbos from Autozone too :)

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I believe your memory has failed you, the dynomax super turbo's are relatively quite at idle & get louder with rpm,but nothing like a glasspack. FWIW I've seen the dynomax super turbo muffler outperform flowmaster's on several occasions on mildly modded 5.0's, If you're ALL about sound get the flowmasters.

Reply to
winze

How much are turbo mufflers there? I haven't checked prices. I'm considering getting some turbo mufflers instead of Flowmasters... b/c I'm cheap & am more anxious to dump my $$ into the suspension & brakes rather than into the exhaust just yet.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Well... I had some extra cash so I went over to Seeburg & brought my car in to see what they could do.. was looking for a good set of turbo mufflers. I ended up getting Full Boar turbo's & DAMN they sound nice... so beautiful... better than flowmasters, IMHO. Stock headers & stock H-pipe.. just new mufflers.. enormous difference & I love 'em. Total was $196.54 for brackets, hangers, mufflers, install, etc.

-Mike

98 Mustang GT Full Boar mufflers CAI Steeda Tri-Ax shifter
Reply to
<memset

Oh, it's so complicated today. So many choices. In the 70's we had headers, glass packs, and stock mufflers. Maybe a few other things, but nothing like today. I was partial to headers and a certain Ford truck muffler that I have long sense lost the part number to. It was cylindrical shaped. About 8" OD and ~ 2 feet long. It was a straight through design. It gave a nice bass tone to the engine. It was BBBaaaddd!

Reply to
John

Dynomax Super Turbos are very quiet, imo. If you want cheap and so-so-loud and good-sounding, Summit Racing mufflers are dirt-cheap and are very underrated overall. Just because a 3" muffler is $19.99 doesn't mean it isn't a hell of a muffler.

Reply to
Brad

$15 bucks for 2-1/2 offset/offset

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I run one of those on my K5 Blazer. Best $20 I ever spent on something that wasn't a pizza. ;-)

Reply to
Tungsten

LOL... speaking of pizza.. *grabs the phone*

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Screw you both Damn diet! lol