Installing steeda clutch quadrant

I've never installed a clutch quadrant before. I have an aftermarket aluminum clutch quadrant in now. Can anybody point me to documentation (pref. with pictures) as to removing & installing a new clutch quadrant? I've already removed the clutch cable (also Steeda).

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

If the stock quandrant has been replaced, the hard work is already done. If I remember right there are two shafts it mounts on. Remove the two pins and remove the quadrant that's on there. Slide the new one on and put the pins back.Mine didn't line up right with the cable coming through the fire wall so I also put in a couple nylon spacers. but I don't think they are needed.

Reply to
Brent P

Yesssssss lolol thanks Brent. I looked at it again & I couldn't really see what would be *that* hard. I have the cable sittin next to me.... and the Steeda double-hook quadrant. They say to use the hook farthest from the firewall if you are not using their firewall adjuster.. so that'd be me. Thanks, Brent! :)

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

Ok, quadrant was a piece of cake to get installed. The cable... well.. diff story. When I removed the old clutch cable the first time, it was bolted onto a part... I don't know what that part one. Like, there was a metal bracket attached to the middle of the cable (not exactly the middle, but near it) and that metal bracket bolted onto some part near the bottom of the car. Does anybody know where it bolts into? I need to bolt this back onto that part with the Steeda cable in order to complete this. Thanks!

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

The steeda cable on SN95s doesn't use the bracket in the middle of cable. The one on the steeda cable should be removed. the stock cable attached to inside of the frame rail and at the master cylinder. My steeda cable is simply cabletied to the mastercylinder bracket location and routed per the instructions.

Brent P

Checked my car again along with the stock cable that I took off. The stock cable has two brackets, the one bolted to the master cylinder mount and the one bolted to the frame rail. The third bracket shown in the picture at the bottom, nearest the bell housing doesn't seem to be on my car at all. I couldn't see it as best as I could see without jacking it up, and it's not on the stock cable, which is where it should be if my car ever had it.

I simply have the steeda cable, cable tied at the master cylinder and then down below by the K member. couldn't see exactly what I had it tied too. I did this so long ago now.

In the box with the stock cable, quandrant stuff, is the bracket I removed from the steeda cable as per instructions. It was clearly in the middle of the steeda cable, as there is a bushing there for it.

Reply to
Brent P

Well... you know the plastic piece that the C-clip goes onto near the end of the cable that goes into the clutch fork? It's a cylinder-shape.. white/off-white in color. Well, that part broke off from the actual cable & now there's too much slack in the cable. If I can get the cable "tightened" (suspended w/ cable ties further away from the clutch fork) do you think that will make it work? Or should I just buy another cable? I'm going to experiment with it today. Thanks for the info, Brent!!

-Mike

-- Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!

<memset

If the cylinder that holds it to the bracket is broken, it probably won't work well unless you can find some way make it hold there firmly. I forget how that part works or if there is a snap ring there or not.

Reply to
Brent P