Is This Our 2015 Mustang?

Another rendering. Supposedly this one is close.

I like the back view. The front view, not so much... it's a little too busy.

Your thoughts?

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Sports Jaguar: XKR-S

RichA

ICK. Ick on the Jaguar too.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Like one of the comments on that page, I agree, that is one of the better looking renderings so far. It looks like a mustang, not like a camaro.

I didn't check the jag. /grin

Reply to
twk

I'm kind of worried that they are heading into Jap territory again, with everything rounded. The Mustang MUST have some angularity in the body.

Reply to
RichA

Exactly, It's too ricer.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

You both made me go back for a second look. It's still the best "guess" the artist has come up with so far, but yeah It does have some ricer qualities. I'm not liking it as much now. I also noticed the visibility out the rear might suck on that latest rendering. I wouldn't want to back into a parking space.

Where do these people that "render" pictures of new cars and such, get their ideas from? This latest picture is based on what?

Reply to
twk

It's in the name of the link - EVOS.

When I first saw the Jaguar commercial with the three cars "playing," I thought the blue one looked very Mustang-like. Interesting that some see it the other way 'round - that the Mustang now looks Jaguarish.

Personally, I like it. You can keep your angularity. Hell, if you like boxy so much, I have a '93 GT 5.0 convertible that you can buy for cheap.

I know that some want the Mustang to always look like something out of the late 60s. I keep looking to the future and think about what "could be" the new Mustang. This rendering (while still a fantasy) is much more like it.

dwight

Reply to
dwight