Could You Accept This As The 2014 Mustang?

With talk of the Mustang moving away from the current retro look to something with just retro cues, it's not hard to believe the 2014 Mustang will look similar to this "guess".

What do you vote... thumbs up or thumbs down?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Looks like a camaro that someone tried to turn into a mustang. Hate it. It's awful. Total fail.

Reply to
tke

What is that, a Mustaro?

Reply to
Gill

I think you can buy that car now... it's called "Camaro".

It looks like someone grafted mustang stuff on to a camaro. Thankfully it's just some media people's idea...

Reply to
Brent

A refresh of the Giugiaro concept? I agree with others that it's way too Camaroid, but if Ford built it, I'm sure it would grow on me. Today, though, I'd say pass.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

What's up Dwight?

I agree too it looks a little too much like the current Camaro -- the windshield pillars, the bottom rocker panel before the rear tires, hood scoop, and the rear haunches. But I think the headlights, grill and/front fascia look sharp as do the bowed-out fenders around the tires.

Personally, I'd like to see someone do a retro-Fox design. :-)

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

God I hope not, my 86 always looked like a sedan to me, it was even registered as such.

Not a fan of the post and sail panels, at least the later model B pillars are hidden inside the car.

Reply to
Gill

Down, looks too much like a Camaro

Reply to
WindsorFo

Not much. Just coming to the end of a week off, in which I did almost nothing. Lots of naps. A little yardwork, a romp through SE Pennsylvania on Thursday in the GT with the top down, until the temperature climbed all the way up to unbearable. Otherwise, I just hang out in the back yard taking endless photos of birds and flowers. I need a life.

The area of the front that's centered around the grille would be the part you like, since it looks like a Photoshop job of the Mustang front end grafted onto a Camaro.

The Mustang has been stuck in a rut, although it's a great rut to be stuck in. Ford seems to insist on those "styling cues" taken from the '64 through '68 models, and I'm okay with that. There are moments when I'd like to see a completely new redesign of the Mustang, but that might be too big of a gamble for Ford to take with this important badge.

We're seeing a lot of retro looks for a reason. It's what the public is comfortable with. Let Tesla and other upstarts play with new designs; everyone else, from Honda to Ferrari to Ford and Chevy, is undergoing a slow evolution in design, rather than a radical departure.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

that makes my fox mustang look good ........

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ / M......

..

I've never been one to nap, but older I get the better napping sounds.

I love my yard work! I could spend an entire weekend working on the yard and garden.

I guess I need a life too. On weekends my wife and I sit out on the patio (I built a pergola over it) watching the birds fly in and out of the feeders while we eat breakfast. It's so relaxing and we have to force ourselves to get up and do our weekend agenda. .

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp