Just got back from the track!!

I was hoping for better, but expected less! Heres my slips:

run # 1

60' 2.267 330' 6.356 1/8 9.721 MPH 73.09 1000' 12.632 1/4 15.098 MPH 91.32

After this run I knew it had a 14 in it. My sixty foot sucked and I shifted early.

run #2

60' 2.173 330' 6.238 1/8 9.585 MPH 73.30 1000' 12.486 1/4 14.945 MPH 91.68

I was jumping for joy with the 14, I spun a little, but had no hop, and the shifts felt really good.

run #3

60' 2.198 330' 6.269 1/8 9.636 MPH 72.77 1000' 12.558 1/4 15.039 MPH 90.76

Shifted way too late this time, so I let the tranny do the work next run.

run #4

60' 2.161 330' 6.203 1/8 9.553 MPH 72.89 1000' 12.478 1/4 14.966 MPH 90.48

I just stuck it in drive and went, I launched at a little over 1000 and it stuck pretty good. I was impressed with the time but not the mph, I think it shifts out of 2nd too early.

run #5

60' 2.200 330' 6.274 1/8 9.643 MPH 72.72 1000' 12.571 1/4 15.057 MPH 90.65

I put it in drive and launched, had some bad hop. When I got into second i put the shifter in 2nd and took it a little higher than stock shiftpoints, but it didn't help.

All in all I am pretty satisfied. The truck is a pretty stock 132,800 mile longblock truck. All I have is pullies, a chip, a k&n, and stock exhaust with no mufflers. I had an interesting race with a '99 GT also, I actually pulled on him in first(plus I beat him off the line), got about 1.5 cars ahead, he barely inched on me in second, then when I hit third he flew past me to a 14.5 at 95. By next time I get out there I should have exhaust and some 1.7 roller rockers and maybe electric fans. That should improve the times by a good bit I think. What do you guys think about my times?

Reply to
Erik D.

I just got the video!! Really cool, good work! I enjoy seeing a stock engined mustang running low 13's. Some people just don't believe its true. Looking good buzz, keep up the good work! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Thanks! It would have been better to blast out a 12.9 but it was very hot & humid and the track wasn't hooking very well, you can see me spinning in most of the clips.

I'll get a bunch of 12 second runs on tape soon!!!

-- Buzz Haze-Ottawa ON

87 5.0 LX Coupe
Buzz Haze

I'm looking forward to it. Is it a rush?

I'm worried I'd do something stupid, like pop the clutch and stall. :-)

Or accidentally jump the gun and get disqualified.

I think I'm going to try an autocross in August, too.

Reply to
Anonymous

Its a blast, there are other things I enjoy more(hunting and fishing) but racing is right up there. When you are sitting at the line waiting for the light to drop is an awesome feeling, especially if you are listening to some good upbeat music.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Been there, done that! LOL!

Thats what I am looking forward to doing. I have drag raced a few times now and I love it but I want to try out some turns to see how I can do. Let us know how you do when you do it, good luck! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

My wife's friend's husband wins pretty much every autocross around here...in a stock VW wagon, no less.

I hear he pushes the car to the very limit, and his driving is supposed to be supernatural. :-)

My friend rode with him on one and said he about filled his pants.

Reply to
Anonymous

LOL, one of my friends has a '95 Z28 that runs 13.2's and he did the autocross down here and finished 2nd. He took me for a ride and I about ripped his oh shit handles clean off the door. It was fun, but it was scary because on one side of us there was a ditch and on the other a wall. He said he reached a new top speed through those turns with me which was 70. I'll tell you what though, i thought my truck stuck good but i've never ridden in anything that stuck like that chevy! Thats a whole different kind of thrill! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Cool video!

You smoked that one guy by 2 seconds!!!