K and N

How can one tell if the filter needs replacing? Mine is looking pretty old but at $120 I'd rather not spend the money on it. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Karen

K&N filters as washable. You don't throw them away, you reuse them.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

What type of K&N filter cost $120? The air cleaner filters have a million mile warranty. Buy a recharge kit. My K&N air cleaner filter uses kit #99-5000. Readily available at most auto parts stores. Claims to be good for 12 uses but maybe half that. Still, it is a $24 kit and wet air filters are better than dry ones.

mike '71 351C 4V

Thank you.

Brad

Reply to
goodnigh

Hey Mike. Actually, it's closer to $130. The 57-2502. The previous owner put it in.

I bought a recharge kit for it today. Seems easy to do. Hope it works. I'll probably know in about 5,000 miles or so.

Brad

mike '71 351C 4V

Thank you.

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Karen

Hey, thanks for reminding me, guys. It's time to change my air filter with another of those $5.00 Purolator paper jobbies from PepBoys. I try to remember to do this every season...

dwight

I bought a recharge kit for it today. Seems easy to do. Hope it works. I'll probably know in about 5,000 miles or so.

Brad

mike '71 351C 4V

Thank you.

Brad

Reply to
dwight

Reply to
Michael Johnson

They aren't very good at filtering though.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Mine is about $38 but it's cleanable via air or vacuum and warranted for 4 years 100K miles and it does not use oil. It has higer efficiency but better air flow than paper. With the miles I put on my Mustang it'll never wear out. I have to jifferate a fit on my truck.

Reply to
WindsorFo

"WindsorFox" wrote in news:g6l5r1$84m$1 @posting2.glorb.com:

warranted

efficiency

At least you're consistent. Oil rarely changed, air filter rarely changed.

Can't wait to hear all about how it flows better than paper with its high efficiency, but still filters out the dirt as well.

Reply to
Joe

At least you're consistent, once a douche nozzle, always a douche nozzle. Why don't you bother someone who gives a f*ck about your opinion.

Reply to
WindsorFo

"WindsorFox" wrote in news:g6lp3d$8or$1 @posting2.glorb.com:

Now now, no need to get nasty there, Sparky. At least you didn't deny your destructive automotive maintenance schedule.

Reply to
Joe