long or short headers for a 68

i have a 68 that im building up.im using the edelbrock performer package, carb,cam,intake,and 600 carb.and a good set of aluminum heads.im not sure if i want or need long tube headers.anyone ever put long tubes on a 68 stang?could short tubes be better for this mildly built engine(302).

Reply to
c1micfish

I'd recommend shorties. They have better clearance and there won't be a noticable difference in performance with your intended engine mods. If you use long tube headers with power steering you'll have to buy a drop bracket for the slave cylinder. Long tubes for me have always shortened the life of my starter with the extra heat coming off of them.

Reply to
Mark