Louvers -- Retro Cool, Or not?

I've always liked them. And on this particular car, I think they look great.

Side note: Next to Highland green being the best color, I think this gold is a close second.

Comments?

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

I like them. The one in the picture looks pretty good.

I had a brand spankin' new '79 chevy monza hatchback (Spyder - Ooo Aaa, minus the ugly decals). I put one on to hopefully reduce the heat in the car. It worked. I was living in Tampa at the time. I also liked how it darkened the inside of the car too.

However, it was quite the POS. The thing mounted at all four corners, under the window trim, using double faced tape. Needless to say I had to replace the tape every 9 months or so. After a couple of years I got the window tinted. At least it didn't rattle! I don't remember the brand.

If this one mounts like that, my recommendation is: Don't buy!

Reply to
twk

I like the look of them a lot, never had them, how do you clean the window underneath?

Reply to
Refund

Looks good to me.

Clean>> I've always liked them. And on this particular car, I think they look >> great.

FalconGuy

I think it would spoil a fair amount of the effect of having a glass roof.

Otherwise it's just personal preference.

I would have prefered the dark green metalic of the early 70s over the candy red met. but that's just me.

Reply to
Brent

The mounting is always the issue. I wouldn't want to drill holes and I wouldn't trust adhesive tape.

Reply to
Brent

But I'm sure aftermarket companies have to meet the same safety standards as the manufacturers, so loosing your louvers isn't likely to happen. (I also don't think drilling is required.)

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

It's not losing them... it's the noise and rattles... damage to paint or glass... that sort of thing.

Reply to
Brent

More info... from their website.

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

It actually is a plus. It looks goos, and it helps block UV which bleaches your interior, and at the same time it helps reduce heat buildup while sitting in a parking lot. I would want them.

Reply to
D E Willson

Correct! No drilling! And trust me the adhesive tape that is used to mount the brackets to the glass is not going to come off! Check this picture out. We had to remove one of the brackets from my car.

Bent the metal bracket all to heck! Eventually got it off and all the adhesive off the glass... no way that thing was coming off without some serious effort! LOL! But never any damage to glass or paint and they never rattled!

Also, the louvers our hinged so they easily lift up for cleaning.

Reply to
John S.

Ah, good to know that the adhesives are much better. Mine was back in

1979. Although I'm into convertibles now, I like the fast back style, and for a fast back I would definitely consider a louver.
Reply to
twk