Mach 1000 head unit removal...

I'm trying to install an aftermarket headunit but I need help removing the factory Mach1000 head unit. Can anyone help?

Reply to
BigRandy

I believe it's the same as the Mach 460's... you need DIN removal tools (available at Walmart stereo section), but if you can't figure that out... you need to let a professional wire your new stereo rather than attempt it yourself.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

The Mach 1000 decks use two (2) screws on a bracket on the bottom edge of the radio. You need to remove the trim bezel that surrounds the A/C and radio to gain access to the two screws.

If interested in selling the Mach 1000 deck please contact me,

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Hell, I just got the mach 1000 in my 2004 'stang GT. Pretty nice factory stereo. Not too happy with the deck, though. The first guys response of pulling the deck with the old school style removal tools was totally false. What a jerk! "Have a professional do it?" That's total crap, i've installed thousands of dollars of equipment over the years, and have yet to see a head unit as counterintuitive as the Mach

1000. I hate these kids that think they know everything about the new mustangs because the have a 98, which is similar ( i suppose) in a few a few ways.

Thanks for the tip musttanguy, you rock.

-Jason Wichita, KS

Musttanguy wrote:

removing the

Reply to
Jaysun

I'm a jerk for trying to help? Nice! And yes, I'd recommend that a professional handle it. If you f*ck it up, you're gonna spend more for fixing it than you would have in just letting a person who knew what he was doing handle it. If you've installed thousands of dollar of equipment... then you aren't exactly an amaeteur are you? DURRHURR piss off, ass hat.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Correct diagnosis, only they will not fall off cause they have alredy fallen off hence the someone pissed in my wheaties attitude.

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Hahah... that's awesome. I never heard "someone pissed in my wheaties" before lmao...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

wow, didn't realize i'd piss off an entire group.

Just remember, Mike You backed down, not me. you still have my email address if you want to get this settled. A note for all those offended by my posting: Mike claimed he knew what he was talking about when he said "you don't have any business doing this yourself, because your posting a question on google groups about the proper way to do it." That kinda ticks me off, no matter how retarded you think the guy is. Mike replied with a "oh, I'm a jerk...for being nice?" that's not nice, it's simply rude and discouraging. Then Mike continued to gripe at me for saying that he was being a jerk, which...we all know that is the epitamy of 'jerkiness' "you can't do this, you're not a professional like me" = Jerk!

People like Mike are the reason there are so many kids who don't even change their own oil on this planet. If less people acted like Mike, more people would have the confidence to handle things for themselves. We all remember the first time we pulled a ford factory stereo with two coat hangers, and how good it felt. Why deny someone that feeling of accomplishment? How about when you tuned your first set of sub-boxes? How about when you changed your first valve cover gasket on that leaky

5.0? When you shocked the hell out of yourself from a MSD Blaster2 Coil? Ok, that may have been just me, but I wouldn't have traded any of those experiences for the world. The feeling of accomplishment is a great motivator, a driving force I would have had sooner if I hadn't of listened to people like Mike.

Also, the whole "raping" thing was out of line, and I apologize publicly for the outburst of rage. And, Mike, I'll be waiting to settle this privately..in person or not, your choice.

-Jason Wichita, KS

Reply to
Jaysun

Jason, as far as I'm concerned, it IS settled. I take it you didn't like the Yahoo! Abuse team contacting you in regards to your dirty little threats. Welcome to my killfile.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset
10 days later you post again? trying to stir it up again? hit the road jack. Dave
Reply to
Deputy Dog

Really.. we don't care to hear your crap.

Now just go pick a fight and get your butt kicked by some> 10 days later you post again? trying to stir it up again? hit the road > jack.

Reply to
Wound Up

you woof'in at me?

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

Reply to
Wound Up

Still haven't heard a word from you. I guess this means your words are all you have. It's been over a month since the whole thing started, yet you're still not man enough to do anything but call people names over a usenet group.

If you're that damned scared, why the hell did you start the fight? What a wimp. I'm done with this group and will not check for any updates within. If you want to prove your less of a pussy than you've shown to be, you have my email. snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, just in case....

snipped-for-privacy@recorddeal.com wrote:

offended

themselves.

sub-boxes?

hadn't of

Reply to
Jaysun

What are you wanting me to do? Fly out to wherever you are just to kick your pathetic little ass? Sorry, bud.. ain't worth the time or $$. Grow up & stop trying to start shit.