'97 Mach 460 CD player wiring help needed

My new-to-me 1997 Mustang GT convertible came with an Mach 460 AM/FM/cassette stereo but no CD player. I found a clean Mach 460 AM/FM/cassette and CD player with wiring harness from a 1999 Mustang and installed them in my car.

The AM/FM radio works fine but I can't get the CD player to work. When I installed everything, I was left with an unconnected plug on the wiring harness. It is a gray plastic female 10-pin plug with a red center, 6 pin sockets in one row, and 4 pin sockets on the other. I can't find a place to plug in this connector.

The part numbers for the units I installed are: AM/FM Radio - Ford F8ZF-19B165-CA (Radio Series 165) CD Player - Ford F8ZF-19B160-AB (Sony Corp. Compact Disc Player SN

79732, 12/1998) Wiring Harness - Ford XR33-19B113-B129J

I cannot insert a CD in the player -- it is almost as if there is already a CD in place -- and there is no visible indication that the CD player has power.

Additionally, the radio seems to have a time indication on the display when it is off.

Thanks in advance for any tips, hints, sugggestions, or solutions!

Reply to
cocZamudio

Your problem is with the compatibility of the 99+ harness. You need a 94-98 "premium sound" harness in order for the CD player to work. This is the harness used for the non-Mach stereo speakers and amps.

Hope this is helpful

Tim (Musttanguy) PonyPerformance.com

Reply to
Musttanguy

Ahhh, I see. I'll try to track down a 94-98 specific harness. Many thanks for your help!

Reply to
cocZamudio

Send Tim some email as he probably has the harness you want...

Reply to
cprice