mileage

Is 81K to many miles on a '97 cobra. Car still looks great,in the pix, but have not seen it in person yet. It's triple black and they are asking $13.5 for it. What do you think? Thanks, excobraboy for not too much longer :-)

Reply to
Cobra Boy

"Cobra Boy" wrote in news:6yQOe.6022$Hi.4103@trnddc04:

Car is at least 7 physical years old.

That's 11,500 miles a year at the most, right?

If it was an Escort, I'd stay away from it... because that would mean it was prolly used to drive to the store and back. But in a Cobra, that's different.

Means it was driven maybe once, twice a week.. I would think. Like to the strip and back?

Just kidding.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Sounds high. I bought my Rio Red 97 last year for 15K Cana-jun dollars, which is about 11.5-12k Greenbacks. Mine had 100K-ish kilometers on the clock, which is about 60k-ish miles.

Car overall is a B+. Interior + drivetrain are A to A+. Exterior grades low as it has alot of paint chips on hood, so paint is C+ to a B-. Bought it from original owner (older professional guy), full documentation, maintenance, etc. So really I would say that 13.5 for a pristine, documented Cobra at the mileage you are talking about would be fair. If its multiple owners, been repainted, no service history, etc, deduct from there.

I dont mean to be authoritative, just how I would price a car I was buying. For my car, I felt that the 15K CDN dollars was fair.

However, I didnt have much choice > "Cobra Boy" wrote in

Reply to
cprice

Mine is a 98 with 71k.. runs like a champ.

Reply to
SVTKate

stay away from it! Fred

Reply to