More Automatic Transmission questions

I am in the proicess of returning a 66 mustang to it's production shape. Whne I bought the car it hada top loader in it but he data tag indicates that it was built with a C4 Auto trans. I recent nbough the transmission but still need all of the parts to finish it from the linkage right throu to the shifter handle. Does anyone know where I might find the complete linkage, wireing through shifter to complete this job?

Regards,

Dennis

Reply to
DDB

Junkyards are full of them... you can also check with tranny shops that have been around for awhile... transmission parts stores (wholesale) usually have a bunch of old trannys around for those hard-to-find parts, and finally...swap meets. If you have a local mustang club, I'm sure somebody has done the opposite conversion and might have everything you need! Good luck! The '66 is my favorite.

Reply to
Mustang_66

Reply to
V'ger

Missed that. This isn't a task I have done, but after quickly researching through about 15 different catalogs, it appeared all the parts were accounted for... I should have looked a bit closer. Sorry.

I did note that >I checked all of my Mags and they all had most of the parts but none had all

1965 Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black A Code 4 spd 1966 Fastback 2+2 White w/Red C Code Auto
Reply to
V'ger

What part of the country are you in? (assuming you are in the USA)

I have a good friend who is a "Ford head" and works in the transmission supply business. He may be able to track down what you need.

At least he might be able to point you in the right direction.

He does spend more than a little time in junkyards scavenging parts off of old vehicles at times -- at least when he can find re-usable core parts.

steve

DDB wrote:

Reply to
steve

Reply to
DDB

Now, don't forget that the '66 had a goofy C4. The shift pattern is

2-D-1, not D-2-1. Sort of an early version of traction control. So if your new C4 isn't built like that, you shift linkage and indicater panel won't match.
Reply to
.boB

Heh... I'm from 'round there too (SW PA just NE of Pittsburgh). I don't know of too many places around here that have the kind of stuff that you're looking for, but you might want to try to get ahold of Bill S.... our previous resident Mustang fanatic. Google some old posts and see if you can get his e-mail, or try to ping him over in alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury.

Bill's worked with plenty of old Mustangs and knows parts sources for just about anything.

JS

transmission

Reply to
JS

Reply to
Mustang_66

A Cruise-o-matic I believe it was called .. You could start out in 2nd gear if you wanted.....

steve

.boB wrote:

Reply to
steve