Mustang GT 2001 Gas pedal breaks off problem

Here is an ongoing problem that I have with this car. The plastic gas pad or pedal keeps breaking off. Poor design by Ford and it hard to replace. However, someone else must be having this problem and has a cure for it. Just wondering if anyone can help out.

Reply to
we8612

Had the same problem with the brake pedal cover on my 2000. Replaced it twice in 4.5 years. No cure, just need to replace it. I agree - poor design. However, it doesn't break the bank to buy a new one, and once you learn the technique, it's easier the 2nd time.

Reply to
Ken Zwyers