Need help with trunk rattling after adding a stereo.

I have a '99 GT and am having problems with rattles in the trunk when I have my bass up. I have tightened bolts, and traced the rattling to a 'boot' piece on the right side of trunk behind the trunk liner. This piece has 'vent' flaps in it that open when the bass hits, and they rattle horribly.

Does anyone have experience with neutralizing or removing this piece? I tried to pull it out, and it won't come out too easily, any tips? Are there any ill effects from removing this piece?

Thanks

Reply to
Erik Hovind

Odd as it sounds, piece of double-sided 3m tape (the thick stuff at home depot, checkered green/white backing). Stick it behind the flaps.

Reply to
japhar81

You might look into some sound deadening for it. You can get Bquiet which is the same stuff as Dynamat for a major fraction of the cost at:

.

-Branden

Reply to
Branden Nelsen