New Shelby Mustang in Motor Trend

Is it me, or does 410 hp sound kind of low, coming from a

5.4 litre with a blower? It could be that they are downplaying the performance figures, but why do that today, the insurers already nail cars like this? My Mach-1 with it's smaller engine and no blower is probably and arguably rated at around 330-340hp, around 300 at the rear wheels so I find it hard to believe the Shelby is only 410. Apart from that, the car looks superb, but the $70-$80k U.S. price tag seems a little high.

-Rich

Reply to
RichA

Rich,

Horsepower numbers are like badges, they don't mean a thing. It's all about the performance, and that Shelby is going to perform! It will be able suck up your Mach 1 and spit it out.

As for the price, it's listed at $39,999.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

I want to meet the man who picks one up for $39,999.

dwight '93 non-Cobra

Reply to
dwight

Oh my gosh... $70-80k ...???

that bites I had really hoped to figure out a way to buy one. Not in THIS lifetime. Prolly not the next either... shit!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I'm holding the May edition of Motortrend in my hands, and it does NOT say that the Shelby GT500 will cost $80K. It says the following:

"Best guess? 40-45 grand.

It also says "I can tell you the GT 500 is going to have at least

450(horses)."

-Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Thanks Andrew.

That means I can still keep my fingers crossed.

Kate

| > that bites | > I had really hoped to figure out a way to buy one. Not in THIS lifetime. | > Prolly not the next either... shit! | >

| > Kate | >

Reply to
SVTKate