Old Dominion, Summerduck, Capitol Rwy, Maryland Intl Raceways

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Anyone near these dragstrips?

I just got a week's notice that I'll be spending a little time in the Quantico, Virginia area. I'll most likely be available the weekend of May

22nd/23rd. I'd like to hit DC one day, but go see some racing another day.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Do you get to the track much? I won't have a car unless I rent one for the weekend. I got a reply on the Buick board from someone in that area too:

Steve - Great! You'll have a good time here. There's a great cruz-in in Manassas Saturdays. The tracks are OK, check their websites. Make sure you hit the tourist spots, Air and Space is a great museum, and they just opened the WWII Memorial, its awesome! So hit the Mall and just chill for a day. I'll check other stuff and PM you.

- Bill

I hope to at least hit the track one day, if possible.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

I'm not real big on cruise nights and car shows. I'd rather watch cars that are ugly go down the track, for the most part.

I may have to see about renting a car for that weekend. I do want to hit the mall area. I've never been there before. The class that I'd like to get at Quantico is three weeks, so I'd have two weekends. This one only gives me the one weekend to play tourist.

It looks like the Maryland Raceway is the only 1/4 mile in the area too. It's also a bit further to get to.

Steve

72 Skylark
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Michael,

I'm here now. We're going to DC tomorrow (Saturday). I didn't end up getting a car. You don't happen to be going to a strip on Sunday do you!? :)

I'm not sure who is running on Sunday. I think Summerduck may have been. They gave us some smoking camera equipment to use (Nikon D1H digital with a few Nikkor lenses). My homework for the weekend is to use it a lot.

As of right now, I don't really have any plans for Sunday. I'm staying at the Wingate in Stafford. You could shoot me an email if your available on Sunday at all. Don't reply to the email for this post though. I haven't been on peoplepc for a couple of years.

Send it to seeverist at earthlink.net

Steve

72 Skylark

Reply to