OT: Anyone in Tennessee?

Low humidity here in Fort Collins. 1 month of 90 degree crap (July), then it gets better. Snow, well, in the foothills we don't get as much as people think (but we do get some snow). It gets cold at night but warms up enough to drop the top 6-8 months out of the year.

Outta luck there; the nearest ocean is 1,000 miles away....however we have things like --the Cog Rail to Pikes Peak, the Air Force Acadamy; both in Colorado Springs; Boulder's Pearl Street Mall, several ski resorts - give up boating and take up snowmobiling. We also have Mesa Verde in the Southwest corner of the state; Yellowstone National Park is in Wyoming with Old Faithful - about a 6 hour drive from Fort Collins.

Fort Collins, Longmont and Boulder areas are pretty English-speaking. If you go to Denver and South, a lot of Mexicans there, but here is pretty conservative. Not many people speak ebonics up here...too cold for them I guess. Our 2 state senators are Republicans - Ben Nighthorse Campbell and Wayne Allard, our congresswoman, Marilyn Muskrave and our govenor, Bill Owens are also Republicans. Taxes in this state cannot be raised without it being voted on by the residents.

Well, we do have the health nuts that use the bicycle lanes that wear their speedos (I do hope one day they find out how ridiculous thet men look wearing those things-- young women in tight speedos is another thing!)

Send me a valid addy and I'll e-mail some info about Northern Colorado. Stuff like Fort Collins and Boulder are ranked the best small towns to retire and move to.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

There's no Nirvana--and the reason for the Smoking ban is some areas the Californians have infested the state by immigrating here. It is being contested.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

It's a bit cooler in the winter than down here, but still great weather. Definitely stuff to do down here all the time. Tons of eye candy, too. ;)

"RioRedGT" wrote in news:tNuab.9351$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Joe

at 19 Sep 2003, SVTKate [ snipped-for-privacy@excite.competitive] wrote in news:oeyab.449$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com:

Old guys? you mean retiress like your husband? *ducking*

But housing prices are only higher in the urban/populated areas. If you go inland, like eg Polk County, (which is no more than max 3 hours drive from either the gulf or the atlantic) you'll find pretty cheap property. The reason for that is the same as in TN, no or very little jobs to be had. If there were, we'd move over oen county from Hills to Polk. Either way, neither TN or FL is earthquake prone like CA. :-)

Reply to
Paul

Oh yeah...Tennessee is pretty green. :-) I like BROWN...lots of brown, red rocks... *sigh* I got more green here in Northern CA than I can stand! Only problem is I would miss the ocean.

Reply to
C. Olofsson

Hey I like the earthquakes in CA! Makes life interesting once in awhile. ;-)

Reply to
C. Olofsson

I visited Atlanta for an Elton John convention in 1994. My friend and I stepped off the plane into the tunnel thingy (what's it called?) and the humidity took my breath away. The sweatshirt I was wearing felt damp almost immediately. LOL! 'Twas a definite departure from California humidity.

Cindy '96 laser red auto GTS

C. Olofsson

Have you seen the Cheese commercial where the cows are out in the field during an earthquake? Funny as hell!

Reply to
Greg B.

Yea me too... and after living in Alaska, these little shakers ain't nuthin!

Kate

| > > So if you guys know someplace like that, (not all that interested in | > > Florida.. housing is a lot higher there.. and te idea of all those | > > old guys in speedos freak me the hell out)! | >

| > Old guys? you mean retiress like your husband? *ducking* | >

| > But housing prices are only higher in the urban/populated areas. If you | > go inland, like eg Polk County, (which is no more than max 3 hours | > drive from either the gulf or the atlantic) you'll find pretty cheap | > property. The reason for that is the same as in TN, no or very little | > jobs to be had. If there were, we'd move over oen county from Hills to | > Polk. Either way, neither TN or FL is earthquake prone like CA. :-) | >

| > -- | > _ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue) | > |_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA) | > |__| snipped-for-privacy@tampabay.rr.com

| > -----------------------------------------------------------------------| > Handling: Upper strut brace, 17" wheels, K&N Airfilter| > Styling : Mesh grill, Bullitt fuel door, aluminum gauge insert| >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey Kate, we would love to have you here in Colorado...

Suggest you take a drive to both areas, see if either one is a fit for you two.

Lots of car shows, sunny weather (300 plus sunny days a year), all 4 season, mild winters..

Ft Collins is very nice, but so are many of the cities south of us.

Gerry

Ft Collins, Co

Reply to
Gerry

It amazes me how they (liberal whine tit Californians) go someplace, then foul it all up. The thing about the boat isn't so much the lakes.. it's scuba diving.

| > Kate | >

| > | Texas doesn't fall into the ocean because Oklahoma sucks! | > | | > | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Dennis

I have always wanted to go there... 5 months of winter? How much of that is snow covered?

I'll have a look, thanks!

Kate

| > The only thing that really concerns me is the humidity and if there is | tons | > of snow. | > Out here in Cali, it gets hot.. and I mean HOT.. all summer it ran in the | > high 90's low 100s, it sucked. | > I know humidity is a big factor, and now it concerns me. | >

| > We would like to be where we can get to the ocean, within a day's drive or | > put the boat in the water and head down to it. | > If property sales are in a slump that is in our favor. We want to be where | > the population speaks english. Not spanish, mong, eubonics, iranian, aztec | > or whatever.. | >

| > So if you guys know someplace like that, (not all that interested in | > Florida.. housing is a lot higher there.. and te idea of all those old | guys | > in speedos freak me the hell out)! | >

| > I would be interested in hearing more about Colorado.. iffin ya think ya | > could put up with an onery ol broad like me that is! | >

| > Kate | >

| > | Texas doesn't fall into the ocean because Oklahoma sucks! | > | | > | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Well, it varies from year to year, last year was bad it was pretty near all of them, but normally its about two or three.

Reply to
Dennis