Saab/Subaru venture to debut in December

The Saab 9-2X based on the Subaru Impreza will be shown at Los Angeles Auto Show:

Fuzzy Logic

I knew when GM stuck its nose into Subaru this would happen. It will probably lead to a bow tie Subie in the future. I now feel less loyal to my Subaru. If GM ever sends its people into Subaru to held design or change them, it's all over.

Reply to
Jerre Bassler

There goes the neighborhood...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Seems to be all part of the NWO (new world order) my friend. No wonder my old '67 Ford F-250 farm truck is getting all my respect these days.

Subaru sucks ; )

Jerre Bassler writes...

Reply to
Peter Berkey

Jim Stewart wrote in news:bn4uuv$ snipped-for-privacy@library1.airnews.net:

Well that's one way to look at it. The other way is to see what comes out of it. New blood is often a good thing. Look at BMW and the Mini for example.

I sorely miss the 2-door Impreza 2.5RS. Maybe Saab will get around to a 2- door similar to there 9-3X concept:

Fuzzy Logic

SAAB ment something when they sold the 93. Smog laws meant they went looking and found a 2 L Triumph engine Triumph subsequently abandoned. SAAB still uses it, albeit refined hugtely.

GM doesn't know what to do with the marque and tries to position it against Audi/Bummer/Bends/etc.

IMHO it needs a unique identity

Rebadging an Impreza and adding $15,000 to the price for some interior mods ... doesn't impress me. You?

There's also something afoot with FIAT, also involving Subaru AWD (FIAT cancelled a deal with Mitsu).

Reply to
mac

"mac" wrote in news:gplmb.3748$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com:

Estimated MSRP starts at $27K CDN which is only slightly more than I payed for my '03 TS Wagon.

Source:

Fuzzy Logic