OT: Daytime running lights.

Anyone know how to disable them on a 2001 Crown Vic or on a 2002 GMC Sierra P/U. Both vehicles are being used for patrol in my agency and I would like to be able to run the vehicle with the lights off.

Thanks,

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

The Crown Vic will have a module mounted on the front side of the rad support.... about an 8 or 10 wire connector tunning to it. On the GM (IIRC) the module is under the dash on the left hand side.... can't remember what it looks like...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Garth Almgren

Didn't find what I needed for the CV, but got the truck taken care of. I called my officer and told him how to disable it and he is VERY happy.

Thank you very much Garth.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Try the local police department's mechanic or

CobraJet

P71's don't come with the DRL package. At least they didn't when I was building cars for departments. I tried going to CV.net last night, but the site wasn't coming up. I post there on occassion and was sure I could find the solution, so I will try again later today.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

A ball peen hammer?

Reply to
SVTKate

Do you know how to kill the ABS?

Reply to
CobraJet

Pull the fuse.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Golly gee, I don't know if I can handle that complex of a technological project. I had read in cv.net a couple years back where some guy had a particular wire to intercept so you throw a toggle switch on it. I guess that's what my question really should have been.

Reply to
CobraJet