OT: FRIDAY! Happy Halloween!

Just wanted to pop in and say HI to everyone, and if you celebrate it, wish you a Happy Halloween!

All is ok here with the Mach. Still battling with Ford over the paint problems, and praying for a miracle outcome LOL So far, I've had a LOT of fun with it. Those pony badges on the sides reallllly show how much badging means to other Mustangers. I came up next to a really nice 98 Cobra, and he took off from the light, and about a 1/4 mile down the road, he had this look of shock & awe on his face when he saw me still next to him out his passenger window LOL He dropped back, got in behind me, and checked out the car. You would think the shaker itself would give it away, but some people just don't know what this car is. I had some rednecks pull up next to me in a work van this week and ask me what that "thing was coming out of my hood? Was it a turbo or something". Then the guy looked down at the door stripe and said "Thats a f*cking Mach 1!!!" I just laughed.

So far, in the 44 days I've had it ... I tinted the windows, added the chrome heritage rims, put on 2 chamber flowmasters, transferred all my billet pieces into it (except my shifter, haven't had time to mess with that yet), and this week added the honeycomb tail panels to it. If you wish to see pics along the way, here is a linky:

Life in general is boring. The club year is winding down, elections are coming up. Still have a few shows to go to this year too. I'm working full time at the Ford dealership which proves to be fun some days ;-) Got a Competition Orange Mach in this week, and it's pretty nice. Hope everyone else is doing well, and will post filling us in on whats up in your lives ...

Take care, Donna

Reply to
Donna, aka Diamondz

Hey Donna!! Glad to see everything is going okay. The Mach sure is a beauty, I love those beasts. I know what you mean about people not knowing what it is though, I get it all the time in my lightning. I get everything, people tell me its fake, that they didn't make lightnings until 1999, also people tell me i have a supercharger, etc... I guess thats what makes us car people, lol. Well, good to see you in here, don't be a stranger! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I am absolutely disgusted with the younger generation.

I bought plenty of candy, wolfed down my dinner, and then sat out on the porch like the rest of the neighbors awaitin' the wee ones. The annual parade of miscreants turned out to be a trickle, instead. I still have plenty of candy left.

It occurred to me that trick-or-treating has dropped off consistently over the past few years for a couple of reasons:

1) Nobody's cranking out babies (at least not in my neighborhood). It is very possible that my block is aging right along with me, and that very soon the only little ones we'll see are the little ones that our own little ones are making. 2) The time-honored tradition of loosing one's children on blocks of strangers has become a frightening prospect for young parents, who may be keeping their brats at home. It's fascinating to me, as I watch 20-somethings bringing their yearlings up to me like so many burnt offerings. They certainly must tell their progeny never EVER to take anything from strangers, especially candy, except for one night of the year, when it's mandatory to ring as many doorbells as possible and accept unquestioning whatever the strangers want to throw into your bag. How do they explain this? ("Magic") 3) The treats are getting smaller every year (next year, we're going from "fun size" to "taste size", I'm sure). The kids have to cover much more ground now to get the same weight of candy that my generation used to get at the first ten homes. It's simply no longer cost-effective. Better to grab a couple of full-size candy bars at the local convenience store (where they can hang with the rest of their ilk).

The festivities lasted little more than an hour, before the streets became relatively silent once more. I'm sitting here with a basket of "fun size" 3 Musketeers, Snickers, and something called "Goldenberg's Peanut Chews" (which are absolutely tiny - I gave them out two at a time).

It may be that I can attractively gift-wrap some of this leftover candy for use as upcoming Christmas presents... Two birds, one "fun-size" stone.

Just as some of us pack the Mustangs away for the winter, so, it seems, do we pack the Mustang CLUB away for the winter.

I still think that the cold winter air makes this best time to drive.

dwight

Reply to
dwight