OT (slightly) Licensing costs.

Hey everyone,

How much would I expect to pay in licensing and insurance for a newer mustang (V-8 of course) in Wisconsin and Michigan?

I have a chance to transfer to one of these locals (I live in Canada) and I need to do a cost analysis to see if it is worth my while.

Thanks for any help.

Kirk

Reply to
Mulatz

"licensing" = car tags? Car tags = sales tax... around 5-6% in Arkansas. I don't know about other states.. as far as insurance.. that depends a lot on YOU.. any traffic violations, accidents, etc will raise it. You can call around at some insurance agencies wherever you are thinking of moving to & ask 'em.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Buy licensing I mean how much to be able to drive the thing on the road legally.

Basically I want a rough idea of what I would be looking at. I could call around but I thought that I may get an idea here before I call the DMV and get on a goose chase (If the DNV there is the same as what we deal with here it's a nightmare).

I know that the insurance is highly variable, I just need an idea. I have a pretty clean driving record (last ticket was for speeding, got it about 3 years ago)

Thanks Again. Kirk

Reply to
Mulatz

Check

...they have an online form you can fill out for insurance. It'll give you an extremely rough guesstimate.. but a general idea nonetheless. Again.. licensing? Driver's license? or car tags? You need both to drive on the streets legally =).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset