OT: If you were going to buy a SMALL SUV

Which would you choose, and why? Which would you avoid, and why? Oh, and in the $20-$25k range

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Do you really want a truck or by "SUV" do you just mean a vehicle that has all wheel drive? I just test drove the Subaru impreza wagon (for my wife) and thought it was a nice little "SUV". Optioned up it was just over $20k for a 2006. It's going to replace our Audi A4 quattro for "soccer mom" duty. 8-) There's also the Kia Sportage which can be had for under $20k. I'm not too enthused with their build quality, but they're cheap and have a long warranty.

On the Ford front, there's the Escape, but that's out of your budget (unless you get the really anemic 4cyl model which you will hate after

10 minutes of driving). Also, their build quality is pretty crappy too. My aunt bought one a year ago and has been through THREE steering racks and an A/C compressor in less than 15,000 miles. There's also lots of squeaks and rattles. The Hybrid could be interesting. I have a friend with one of those and she's getting 30+ mpg. However, those are out of your stated budget and you've still got the shoddy build quality to deal with. Good luck!

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

: On the Ford front, there's the Escape, but that's out of your budget : (unless you get the really anemic 4cyl model which you will hate after : 10 minutes of driving).

I drove one, you are right and the suspension is mushy.

Also, their build quality is pretty crappy too. : My aunt bought one a year ago and has been through THREE steering : racks and an A/C compressor in less than 15,000 miles. There's also : lots of squeaks and rattles. The Hybrid could be interesting. I have a : friend with one of those and she's getting 30+ mpg. However, those are : out of your stated budget and you've still got the shoddy build quality : to deal with. Good luck! : : Cheers,

Reply to
SVTKate

Oh, I should have said, I am looking at the Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD

BUT

am still at the shopping stage and am seeking input.

Reply to
SVTKate

"SVTKate" wrote in news:a%sSe.6373 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

You're asking for advice in a Mustang newsgroup to trade in a Cobra for a Jeep?

Wow.

Does RAMFM Rock? Not with this kind of crap.

Reply to
Joe

Hey Joe, There are alot of guys here that have "other vehicles" many of them SUVs

I am bored with my car, want to play in the mud, want to be able to go out when it's snowy and icy and I can't afford more than one toy at a time. Hubbys truck is... well... a workhorse, not any fun AND it's HIS truck.

If I had my druthers, I wouldn't get rid of the Cobra, BUT it isn't the only Mustang on the planet and if I get really sad for one, maybe I'll find another one to build for fun. I also need something that I can haul several people in, again, the Mustang COULD do it, but it would just be too much BS.

NOW

shaddap.

Kate

: > BUT : >

: > am still at the shopping stage and am seeking input. : : You're asking for advice in a Mustang newsgroup to trade in a Cobra : for a Jeep? : : Wow. : : Does RAMFM Rock? Not with this kind of crap.

Reply to
SVTKate

Why a Liberty? Have you given the Wrangler a thought? My mom bought one this summer to replace the Land Yacht, and we love it. Its a lot of fun, but I keep reminding myself that, hey, its a Jeep (in the sense of the Wrangler) and you can feel every bump in the road... But who cares! You can take the doors and top off! Woo-Hoo!

And people are always looking to see who the sexy girl driving the Jeep is.... ;-)

patricia

Reply to
Snowy Rose

I have owned THREE Cj Jeeps... much like the Wrangler.

I want something I can take a long trip in, the Wrangler looks too much like the CJ in that it would beatcha to death on a real road trip.

I like em though!

OH, and LOL.. if it were ME they would be saying, "man I wish that old braod would put her top back on!" LOL

Kate

: > BUT : >

: > am still at the shopping stage and am seeking input. : >

: : Why a Liberty? Have you given the Wrangler a thought? My mom bought one : this summer to replace the Land Yacht, and we love it. Its a lot of fun, : but I keep reminding myself that, hey, its a Jeep (in the sense of the : Wrangler) and you can feel every bump in the road... But who cares! You can : take the doors and top off! Woo-Hoo! : : And people are always looking to see who the sexy girl driving the Jeep : is.... ;-) : : : patricia : :

Reply to
SVTKate

ahhh... you've had the original Jeeps. :-)

When we got the Jeep, we bought it from Tampa and drove it back to Miami. We discovered though... it definitely ain't a Marquis.

But we're hard-headed over here... We'd probably take the Jeep up north if we were so inclined. But that isn't happening right now with gas being what it is. alas.

Good luck and have fun with the getting of a new car. ^_^ patricia

Reply to
Snowy Rose

"SVTKate" wrote in news:gttSe.6927$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

No. :)

Reply to
Joe
*puts her fingers in her ears*

LALALALALALALAALALALAAAAAAA

: > I am bored with my car, want to play in the mud, want to be able to : > go out when it's snowy and icy and I can't afford more than one toy : > at a time. Hubbys truck is... well... a workhorse, not any fun AND : > it's HIS truck. : >

: > If I had my druthers, I wouldn't get rid of the Cobra, BUT it isn't : > the only Mustang on the planet and if I get really sad for one, : > maybe I'll find another one to build for fun. : > I also need something that I can haul several people in, again, the : > Mustang COULD do it, but it would just be too much BS. : >

: >

: > NOW : >

: > shaddap. : >

: >

: > Kate : : No. :)

Reply to
SVTKate

Whereabouts do you live Patricia? You refer to "up north"

Fro a fleeting moment I considered one of the "real jeeps" and then my old age and practicality kicked in and I came to my senses.

Kate

[...]

: :

Reply to
SVTKate

After you put your top back on, go drive a Mercedes Liberty if you havn't and then compare it to this....

||,00.html

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Kate, if I was you, I seriously look at a WRX. All-wheel drive traction and it still has some balls... I mean some guts when you stomp the pedal.

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

: > I want something I can take a long trip in, the Wrangler looks too much like : > the CJ in that it would beatcha to death on a real road trip. : >

: > I like em though! : >

: >

: > OH, and LOL.. if it were ME they would be saying, "man I wish that old : > braod would put her top back on!" : > LOL : >

: > Kate : : After you put your top back on, go drive a Mercedes Liberty if you : havn't and then compare it to this.... : :

||,00.html:

Hmmmm.... 260 hp.... hmmm.... a little bigger than I was looking at... but

260 hp, and th eprice is right. I have always liked the looks of the yeller ones Ran a search on them locally. Not much available in a 4x4 but I will have a peek!

Thanks :)

: -- : : "Gullible is a misdemeanor - stupid is a felony... : clueless gets you committed..." - JG

Reply to
SVTKate

Ummm.... thanks anyway... but that's one ugly little sumbeech. eeewwwwww...

4 : > door. : : Kate, if I was you, I seriously look at a WRX. All-wheel drive : traction and it still has some balls... I mean some guts when you stomp : the pedal. : : Patrick : '93 Cobra :
Reply to
SVTKate

LOL!

"SVTKate" wrote in news:qIFSe.6642 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to
Joe

Believe it or not, she lives near me. Uh-oh...

"SVTKate" wrote in news:uKFSe.6643$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to
Joe

"SVTKate" wrote in news:ncKSe.6752 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net: