OT, Insurance Question

My '03 Frontier was hit while parked in my driveway causing about $5000 in damage. It was hit hard enough to spin it around and into my garage door where my wife's car was also damaged. Thankfully the Mustang was spared. All the damage cost are being paid by the driver's insurance (Nationwide). A friend said that it is reasonable to claim depreciation on my Frontier since accidents have become common knowledge when trading/selling used vehicles. (CARFAX for example) I don't have any immediate plans to sell the truck but when I do, I would expect it to be valued less than an accident-free vehicle. Any of you have any experience trying to claim addional money in a similar situation? Thanks

Reply to
Skunkfeet

No, but it sounds reasonable to me if there is any structural type damage. This boils down to the same reason why I told a State Farm manager that his teeth were lucky he was on the phone. He told me I should consider myself lucky that he was willing to use new aftercrash parts on my truck since the truck was 2 years old the damaged parts were not new and I didn't deserve new replacement parts.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]