OT: Lightnings at the lakefront

Last Saturday we had a little get together at the lakefront(lake ponchartrain) and I was really pleased with the turnout. Just thought I would share even though it isn't really on topic, what do you think of these, a friend of mine is hosting these pics:

me what you think,Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

OOps, wrong link, try this one :

me what you think,Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I wish I had known, I would have come to look. Was looking for something to do Saturday.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Damn, I should have posted the info on here. I think we are planning another get together on December 7th at No Problem Raceway. Maybe you'll get to see some of us in action if you are up for it that day! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Correction: The December 7th thing will be at Gulfport, sorry.

Reply to
Erik D.

I think you should get one of those for your Lightning.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I'd love to. But I know how much he spent on it! That truck has never had a valve cover off, and has 118,000 miles, with the stock tune and injectors it went 13.1 at almost 106, on street tires. We just put some

55# injectors on it the other day, and an EEC tuner, next time at the track he's running 15 pounds of boost!!!! Last time was about 9. Also, some other new goodies include a detroit locker, and a 3000 rpm stall. I am guessing he should see low 12's if he can hook up! I want my truck to be like that one when it grows up :) BTW, thats his daily driver too! Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

Poor bastard dodge.

Reply to
paul-1993

Got news for you there, Pauly - that Dak with a blower will easily match a Lightning.

"paul-1993" wrote in news:TKXrb.214$7o3.61@okepread04:

Reply to
Joe

That Dakota is actually pretty nice. Its not super fast, but it is one clean truck. He showed up with his brother that has the super super clean '93 black lightning right next to it. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

5.9 Dak R/Ts are like lightweight Lightnings without blowers. Bolt a KB on and you've got a low-13 second truck.

Joe

That's no news to me at all. But it's still the poor lonely bastard Dodge in that picture. The Dodge won't have a warranty when you slap a blower on it, although I'm sure it's a cheaper truck. I'd rather have a Lightning, personally. Even a first gen.

Reply to
paul-1993

"Even a first gen", lol, You say that like its a bad thing! I love my first gen. I will be honest though, I drove the black 99 and the white

99 and they are both very nice riding trucks! That black 99 ran a best of 12.44 with just bolt-ons! The only thing I don't like about them, is that they aren't as good in the turns, they look lower and seem like they should handle better, but even with 140,000 on the clock, my '94 would outhandle a stock Gen 2 any day. I just wish I had the money for a power adder so I could run with one in a straight line. BTW, while the dak is a nice truck, and is semi-quick i guess, I would never own one. If you ask me, a truck that light, with a 5.9 in it should downright fly, but it doesn't. Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

Less expensive, not cheaper. There's a difference. And what truck retains its warranty with mods? If it doesn't, why would the R/T lose it?

Nothing wrong with 1st gens at all. They're to the new Lightnings like Fox Mustangs are to SN95s. Not nearly as cushy and insulated, more raw and down-to-earth. This is good.

The R/T CC is almost 4000 lb.; the 360 puts out 250hp with 345 lb.ft. of torque. It is definitely not a light truck, and it's sized midway between a Ranger and an F150. Long story short, it'll run low-to-mid-

15s in the 1/4 mile off the showroom floor, and it'll run a slalom pretty damn well with the factory lowered, beefed-up suspension. Finally, the thing it's got over any Lightning is that it's a CC.

Erik, what's the deal with your Gen-I? Weight? HP? Torque? 1/4 mile bone stock?

Joe
.

The Gen 1's weigh in at about 4500 lbs. HP was rated at 240 and torque was rated at 340. I ran mine with no muffler, pullies, and a chip and was able to run a 14.94 at 91.68 with 140,000 miles. Not super fast, but for being basically stock I was impressed. Another friend of mine has a bone stock '93 with 180,000 miles on it, and he ran a best of 15.3 somewhere around 88. Both of us were running on the same, hot, mild summer day in southeast louisiana. That R/T in the pics runs

15.3-15.4's with a few bolt-ons(not much though, i think maybe pullies and exhaust). Ford rated the Gen1's to run 15.7 at 87, but most I have seen run a good bit better than that. Another friend of mine had an r/t with a few bolt-ons and he ran 14.5's all night long, can't remember what he had, I just remember him beating my '91 mustang, lol! Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

Close to the R/T, but your truck is a bit heavier.

Not too shabby at all. BTW, my LX has over 140k on the clock and it runs as quick as it did with 50k. You can't kill a 302!

Nothin' but down here in SoFla.

Seems like our trucks are pretty similar performance-wise. One of these days the R/T will see a KB, heads, and exhaust. High 12s (with slicks, of course). ;)

Joe

One of these days my truck will see a T76 turbo like my friends! With that alone he ran 13.1 on street tires at only 9psi. I can't wait to see it run again with the new goodies!! These gen1's respond awesome to boost. The 351 is about as tough to kill as a 302 also !! ;) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

"Erik D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net:

Way cool! Any pix of his truck?

Joe

What do think the new F-150 will do with 300 HP and

365 ft-lb torque?
Reply to
Mark Jones

In the original thread, I posted the wrong link. The link I posted was to a picture of under his hood. Here is another one of his and mine next to each other, check out the intercooler:

another of his and mine:

Erik D.