[OT] More Amusing eBay Auctions

I thought you all could appreciate this one. This gives brings new meaning to the saying, "More money then brains".

Reply to
Fao, Sean

Oops, I must be suffering from brain problems myself :-). Here's a link...

Fao, Sean

That is insane. $20k with 6 days to go yet. The guy selling the number is gonna be laughing all the way to the bank.

Jason

Jason

Hell, it's up over 30K now.... lol... still 6 days yet. 115 bids thus far.

Damn.

JS

JS

Nah. No way, I'm not buyin' this for a second. I'll bet that people are bidding it up with a plan to stiff the guy and have him go through the BS with ebay to refund the seller's fee.

My .02

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Tom

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

$41k now....

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper
** $41k now.... ** ** ** Don Manning

It's now $65,000 dollars! I don't know if the seller is crazy or a genius.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

If this is for real, it's got to be the most impressive gain I've yet witnessed on an eBay auction. I can't remember the activation fee for a cell phone these days but this is simply amazing. If I had the money, I'd be more interested in buying one of these F/A-18A Navy Blue Angel Hornet's, myself.

Fao, Sean

$230k right now. The guy's a lucky schmo that wound up having a popular number. Now he's a rich lucky schmo.

JS

Reply to
JS

That's just insane. $200k for a number that all kinds of weirdos would be calling just out of curiosity.

Reply to
SVTKate

I was almost thinking you were right but look at the auction now.

"This listing is restricted to pre-approved bidders or buyers only."

Sean

Reply to
Fao, Sean

I'm thinkin' Larry Flynt or somebody in that industry wants it for *something*. :D Call Jenny! __ John C. '03 Cobra Convt.

Reply to
John C.

I'm thinking it's a scam, and that none of the bidders OR the seller are actual... but then, there are those pesky Ebay fees.....

Reply to
SVTKate

HOW did the bid go from $201k this morning when I first looked at it to only $80,700 this afternoon? Something stinks methinks

Reply to
SVTKate

methinks your correct.... they just removed it from EBAY

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

Apparently the guy doesn't have the right to sell it because he doesn't own the number. Or so I've heard.

Reply to
Fao, Sean

I missed this,what was so special about it ??

Andrew

Apparently the guy doesn't have the right to sell it because he doesn't own the number. Or so I've heard.

Reply to
me

at 18 Feb 2004, me [ snipped-for-privacy@here.com] wrote in news:N0EYb.1638$4K3.1046 @fed1read06:

It was a number used in a song by the newtones (Jenny?)

Reply to
Paul

How's the climate under that rock? :-P. Tommy Tutone. "Jeeeenny I got yo number.... 867530 niiiiiiiiieeyine..."

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Cold and damp, pretty typical for Seattle. :)

Ah here it is:

(Listening)

Ah, yeah. I remember the tune, but I think I was a little young to remember the lyrics, and I definitely didn't remember the artist. I would have said the same thing as Paul before listening to it again. I'm guessing he's my age or younger...

Reply to
Garth Almgren