OT - Plastic Polish?

Anyone know of a good plastic polish? I'm getting my boat ready for the season, and I noticed the Plexiglas windshield is *very* finely scratched all over, probably from when I wiped the dust off (D'oh!).

Thanks!

Reply to
Garth Almgren

The best is probably Novus, usually found at acrylic or maybe craft/hobby stores. Here ya go:

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Mother's Plastic Polish

ASP Whiz

"Garth Almgren" wrote

Meguiar's makes one. In fact they have a whole line just for plastics including clear plastic.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Do you think that stuff would work on eyeglass lenses? I have a pair of glasses with a bunch of little scratches.

Thanks!

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Novus 2 should help. Wash dust off with running water and soft sponge before using the polish. Novus 1 is a good general cleaner. Never use Windex and paper towels! John

Reply to
jriegle

Probably not. Most eyeglass plastic lenses have a hard coating. Polish just erodes the exposed softer material in the scratch and widens it. It will look even worse. That's the negative of hard coatings, once they are scratched, you're screwed. John

Reply to
jriegle

Garth Almgren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de:

OK, so we've got what look like some good suggestions. Has anybody used any of these products for plastic headlight lenses?

Joe

*Definitely*. Thanks for all the help, guys (and gals?)!
Reply to
Garth Almgren