OT: Radar Jammer

How is the PHAZER RADAR JAMMER for 170 + 20 shipping ... original 250...

Please comment on the price and the product ???

- Silver Stang

Reply to
Silver Stang

A fool and his or her money soon parted................

next.................................

Silver Stang wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

I think your money is better off spent on parts for the car, not one of these Radar/Lazer items...............Why worry about getting nailed, if you drive smart, they will be after the person next to you...............

Bill S.

Silver Stang wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

If you were the one to get pulled over, then you were not driving smart. The smart driver is the one to always keep a low profile, now matter what speed he is driving at..........having put over 25,000 miles on the three Cobras I have owned(this type):

can tell you that driving is a high profile car such as this, one which does not like cruising at the posted limits is not an easy thing....However, I have yet to get a ticket, or even pulled over for that matter.Why, because I always find "a mark" in which to follow at a distance..............

Bill S.

Blue Gator wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

That cop was a jerk! There's no way he should have wrote you for residential just because you turned into a neighborhood off the highway. I've never seen a radar dector that was reliable enough to depend on. The best way is to drive at or just below what the traffic around you is doing. I've had one speeding ticket in almost forty years of driving, and that was because I was showing out in front of some friends over thirty years ago in town in a 30MPH speed zone. The fine was $21.00 and I've never got another speeding ticket. If the traffic flow is running at 85 mph on the interstate, I run around 83 mph, a couple of mph slower than the general flow. It's worked for me for years!

you...............

Reply to
Mike

If it works, it's illegal (felony illegal, not just misdemeanor illegal) in every state and territory in the USA and in most foriegn countries! It also violates federal law, not to mention what the FCC will do to you if they catch you using it.

Reply to
Mike

Once the cop sees the radar detector in your car, it's all over with. I'ts gonna piss him off, and he IS going to write you a ticket, no chance in hell of talking your way out of it.

They are using laser now days, you may want to check and see how it works on that.

Kate

| > Bill S. | >

| > Silver Stang wrote: | > > Thanks!! | > >

| > > I will consider Valentine1 ... is that the best one for that price ? | > > Last time I checked it was around 800 or something .... | > >

| > > - SS | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Kind of pricey for a door stop.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

The V1 is definately the best detector for $400

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

With over 175,000 miles on the Mustang and at least another 65,000 miles on my other cars in the last 13 years, I think I must be driving pretty damned smart to have only been pulled over twice. Also, its tough to keep a low profile when you're driving the only sporty car on the highway in a group of family sedans. And with out of state plates, too.

you...............

Reply to
Blue Gator

Why buy one when you can build one cheaply? Here are the directions supplied last May in this NG:

It is easy to make a passive RADAR jammer -- just do it right. Currently, ~20% of police RADAR is X-band (10.525 GHz), ~60% is K-band (24.150 GHz), and ~20% is Ka-band (33.4-36 GHz). But, new purchases are mostly Ka-band to replace the original X-band. So, if you want to build your own passive jammer, you want to make sure it works for all three bands. Start with home-made antennas made from 24- or 26-gauge solid copper wire, one per band:

7.24" for X-band, 3.16" for K-band, and 2.120" for Ka-band. Wind each antenna around a dry "wishbone" frame, and insert in a Marlboro cigarette-pack box with a 9V battery; make sure each half of the wishbone makes good contact with a battery terminal. For absolute best results, paint the Marlboro box in the colors of your state's police cruisers, and use the wishbone from a turkey.

Cheaper than commercial units, works just as well, and never needs new batteries.

Reply to
Bob WIllard

haha thats awesome ... i had thought of that ... dunno if this works since I am not a hardware engineer ... however, I know a friend who wanted to build a radar detector ... and might be interested in building one like this as well :-P

- SS

Reply to
Silver Stang

I use my 9-band Radar/Laser detector to tell me when to pull over. That usually get a laugh or two from the state trooper. And that has what kept me from actually getting a ticket. 9 written warnings and counting. :-D

Reply to
Greg B.

lol thats funny dude ! I once had a cop spare me with a warning because he saw 5 tickets and court dates fall out of my dash board ...

Reply to
Silver Stang