Overhaulin...

It's the damn keyboard... You guys get me gigglin and my fingers trip all over the place!

I repeat (or is that repent) TYPOS are not the same as spelling mistakes.

| > Kate | >

SVTKate

LOL! So was I!

| > L-A-T-E-S-T | >

| > Second spelling lesson. | >

| > > Kate | > >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I thought it was excellent, and I got some ideas for mine from it... Loved what Moto did with the upholstery.... craft(wo)manship! Not too crazy about doin' the Shelby thing. I'd rather have it subdued with the same drive train.

QUESTION: But was this really a rebuild or a replace? Didn't seem like there was much available to actually rebuild... LOL At least they saved what they could of a historic classic. Something tells me the owner would never have finished it considering the shape it was in.

Like a remake of "The Miracle Worker"

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

V'ger wrote

I just watched the show on tape last night (Wednesday 8-18) and I had the same thought. They took Grandpa's 6-cyl fb and removed (1) the entire drivetrain, including the axle (replacing it with a 347 FRRP crate motor, a 5-spd, and (probably) a 9-inch), (2) the entire front clip, including the cowl, (3) the rear quarter panels, (4) the floor pans, and (5) every stitch of the interior, including the headliner. I hope they also replaced the door skins, but I fear they just bondo'd the rust that they discovered late in the game. So what was left of Gramps's car? The roof and the rear wheel wells, and maybe the doors?

Point being, they did what they had to do, but that was no longer Grampa's heirloom they had in the garage at the end of the show.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

I thought about that too, the replacement parts. They replaced from the firewall up and at least one of the rear quarter panels. They aptly nicknamed it "The Rustang". Imagine if the guy had to pay to have all of that done. I agree, it prolly would have never happened. I too loved what she did with the intrior. I sort of wondered about the remark that she had been gone from the show for awhile and then she thanked them profusely for the opportunity to do the job. I wonder if she got fired and then they gave her one more chance.

| >Very cool episode! | >

| >Kate | >

| | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

The doors didn't look bad. If there was anything in them it was small and they likely patched it.

Backseat area and floor.... ;)

They could have saved more of the front, but it would have been a hell of alot more work and time.

Reply to
Brent P

She wasn't gone from the show... this is the only episode she's been in. She had stopped working making custom interiors for awhile. This show was her first one back doing it.

Other than Chip Foose and the hosts, the crew doing the work seems to rotate with new people each episode. My guess is that they get people from each local area to keep costs down and to prevent anyone else from becoming a 'star' of the show.

And I thought about the cost for the moment, even if the show is being charged near full cost - freebies (product placement ads really) for the car it's a pretty cheap show to make as television goes these days.

Now how do I get them to do my maverick? :)

Reply to
Brent P

I'd like to know how to get them to do my GT-40 and my AC Cobra.... especially since I don't own either one....... I'd let them do either for a Christmas show!

It was a tough call, but they did do an outstanding job.... With far less to do, I have been waiting since the end of February for my 65 FB to be finished. But, there's no crew and no product placement ads and television to rush it along. But that's OK. I'd rather have it done right the first time.... just itchin' ta hit the road!

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

In a case like this... Grandpa's heirloom was worthless anyway so why not make it the new and improved version. Hell, I'd let them have their way with Shug if I thought they would put 500 horses under the hood!

Reply to
SVTKate

Time to light a fire under them. You know what happens don't you... the collision jobs take top priority after awhile and yours gets worked on when things are slow.

You HAVE to let them know that they are way past the deadline and it's time to get off the pot.

Kate

| >She wasn't gone from the show... this is the only episode she's been | >in. She had stopped working making custom interiors for awhile. This | >show was her first one back doing it. | >

| >Other than Chip Foose and the hosts, the crew doing the work seems | >to rotate with new people each episode. My guess is that they get people | >from each local area to keep costs down and to prevent anyone else from | >becoming a 'star' of the show. | >

| >And I thought about the cost for the moment, even if the show is being | >charged near full cost - freebies (product placement ads really) for the | >car it's a pretty cheap show to make as television goes these days. | >

| >Now how do I get them to do my maverick? :) | >

| | V'ger | jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net | 1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 | Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior | 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code | Dual Exhaust | C4 Auto converted to AODE | 8" Trak Lok | Vintage 40 wheels | BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires | Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) | Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA

Reply to
SVTKate

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Brent P) wrote

Trade it in on a Super Bee. (Or the like. I'm just guessing that they're overdue to do a Mopar.) Also you have to move to L.A. Because half the show consists of Chris and Courtney dicking around with the "victim" the show has to be set in L.A.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

V'ger wrote

I'm wondering how many body shop owners around the country, along about the sixth month that they've held a customer's car in paint jail, are hearing something like, "Well they primered, blocked and painted the whole car in TWO DAYS on American Hotrod/Overhaulin'/Pimp My Ride."

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

LMAO! No kiddin!

Reply to
SVTKate

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

MAACO would have done it in a week IF I didn't care about any body work, or masking, or overspray, or.... I think they send a truck over to the Unemployment Office and pick up half a dozen guys to block sand and dump 'em back off at noon.

Years ago, a buddy and I took his car to bakersfield to Earl "I'll paint any car for only $39.95" Scheibe.... whose manager said any filler had to be removed and redone. Higher price for better paint. "Oh, you're in the service? Let me see what I can do... {clicking of calculator keys....} I can knock off 10%. That brings it to $625.87."

We drove back to Mojave. My buddy rented lights, a sprayer, bought paint, and in his garage turned out a very sweet paint job for about $150. Of course the garage walls, ceiling, and floor were a mess....

Anyway. The best estimate I got on repaint of the 66 Fastback I just sold (which had a MAACO paint job when I got it) was two weeks and a couple of grand, and I would be allowed to do some of the disassembly and reassembly work to keep costs down. That guy has been written about in Hot Rod Magazine, and others for his custom work. But he doesn't do insurance work.

I even had shops refuse the work because it interfered with their insurance work.

So, if anyone says they saw it don in a couple of days on some TV show, the shop is gonna KNOW they have a live one on the hook....

V'ger jma(NOSPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Vintage Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 oem A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto converted to AODE 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich gForce T/A 225/50ZR-16 KDWS tires Built in San Jose, CA on my birthday, May 10th ; ) Restoration by: Cool Mustang Restorations Cool, CA
Reply to
V'ger

Now those rims look fine, like a set of cragers, they look like they belong on the vehicle. Perhaps Chip didn't want to go too far with this classic pony.

Reply to
John

There's a place not 2 minutes' walk from my house that's called so + so's "Classic Auto Body" My friend, thinking, ok, classic auto body, they'll do my car, takes his '66 Falcon down to have it professionally sprayed.

"Sorry, we only do insurance work."

Seems like most of the places around my town *only* do insurance work. When I had the '86 Capri sprayed, I went to a guy that I found out from a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy... like paint jobs are a big secret 'round here unless you wreck your car.

JS

Reply to
JS