Parts prices going up!

Hi guys and gals.

Metals prices are going up by leaps and bounds. According to my metals supplier, steel prices are expected to reach prices this summer of approx.

50% higher than at the beginning of the year. Aluminum and other metals are expected to increase by as much as 35%. I've already seen price increases of 12-15% for metals and metal parts that I purchase at work. That includes some small auto parts. It's only a matter of time before the prices of other auto parts increase, if they haven't already. It has already driven up the cost of the Navistar 4300 chassis we use and it isn't much of a stretch to think that it will eventually affect new car prices as well. If you've been planning to buy parts, now might be the time to do it.
Reply to
Blue Gator