passenger side power seat vs racing seat

Are the regular seats better for everyday driving vs. racing seats ? Also, where can I find power seats for the passenger side ?

- SS

Reply to
Silver Stang

Factory seats are easier to live with for a daily driver, and a bit more comfortable, I think. But you have to do what makes your butt happy. Never seen power seat on the passenger side. I suppose you could adapt a drivers seat over there. It would look odd when you folded it forward for rear seat access, but otherwise would look the same. Wouldn't cost you anything to try it. Just move the driver's seat over.

Reply to
.boB

That puts your controls (at least the lumbar and seatback position) against the console where it's almost impossible to reach them. Also, there has to be a power connection under the seat. That can be made to happen with a little bit of splicing.

The seats in, say, a Thunderbird, might be power both sides. My Super Coupe was that way, but it was the MN-12 chassis and not a Fox. Perhaps a Turbo Coupe would have power driver and passenger seats, and they're almost guaranteed not only to fit, but be WAY more comfortable than a set of Fox Mustang seats.

I loved my SC seats.

I was just thinking about this the other day. You might be able to scab the track of a power driver's seat onto a passenger seat leaving the seatback adjuster and rear seat access release in its proper position. The only thing that would be on the wrong side would be the lumbar buttons, which could be lived with I believe.

JS

Reply to
JS

The only control that isn't on the front as far as the power is the lumbar support which is on the outside of the driver's seat, which would end up on the inside of the passenger seat even if you could just swap the power base.

JS

Reply to
JS