Passenger Window acting funny - Tims fault!

Ok, this must be Tim's fault *WEG* No, I'm not really blaming Tim, just had to be ornery. I have noticed recently that my new wonder toy, the (auto down relay switch) on the passenger window wants to stop after going the first few inches. Then when clicked again it will go another 8 inches again, then again to complete the run.

I suspect that the window is binding a bit within the tracks, causing the relay to think it has come to the end of it's track. It has always gone down slower than the drivers side window and seemed as if there was a bit of strain on the motor, not a lot, but you can hear it working a bit harder.

If you just hold the button as before, it goes on down, but as I said, seems to work a little harder than the other does.

Any ideas... suggestions.. input.. experience? Since I have nothing else to do, and the terrorist is DOA in the driveway, I may as well break this one too.

Thanks

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Check your weather stripping. If its drying out it puts alot more load on the window motor. On my old 86 I had to actually move the window by hand. I thought the motor was junk, but it turned out to be just the weather stripping. MY Bronco's back window is now doing the same thing.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

If you suspect the weather stripping as the cause of loading down the window motor, try using a silicone spray on the stripping. It lubricates rubber and repels water. "Snap" is one manufacturer that comes to mind. It can also be used to prevent freezing of doors, trunk lids, locks as well as eliminating squeaks.

HTH

-- Mike

93 Cobra

Reply to
Mike R

Exactly how mine behaves with the one-touch module. Always ran slower, too. Up 'til now, mine was the only car that Tim had heard of that did this. You'll find it works great after a rain when things are still wet. ___ Neil

Reply to
Neil Wagner

then maybe some silicone spray would be in order..

get some, give it a try, let me know... LOL!!!

Kate

| > I suspect that the window is binding a bit within the tracks, causing the | > relay to think it has come to the end of it's track. | > It has always gone down slower than the drivers side window and seemed as if | > there was a bit of strain on the motor, not a lot, but you can hear it | > working a bit harder. | | Exactly how mine behaves with the one-touch module. Always ran slower, | too. Up 'til now, mine was the only car that Tim had heard of that | did this. You'll find it works great after a rain when things are still | wet. | ___ | Neil |

Reply to
SVTKate