Pics

Sorry, no riced-out shitbox Corvettes or Azteks. I took my CV in for an alignment and parked next to a somewhat more interesting CV from a local city's department. Pics are in here:

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Very cool, but a responsible use of tax payer money? What next? Cop car by Boyd? Flashing lights on the spinner wheels? Does it have strobe neon under it? Just more speed traps to pay for the "bling". Hmmm, do I sound cynical?

StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Looks like a lot of the stuff was donated to them by their sponsors. Not sure why the police need to have three 12's in the trunk though. Helluva PA system? Maybe they're in the business of punking out the ricers before they pull them over?

CJ, I was waiting for the under-hood shots. All that trick cop car needs to have at least shine under the hood, if not substance. Did you get a peek?

JS

Boyd? Flashing

Reply to
JS

Hey cool CobraJet. We're practically neighbors. I live in East Mesa. Any Mustang clubs in the area? Where and when to meet?

From what I've heard, they use these cars for PR events, especially for improving their relationship with youth.

Peace,

Alan Wedin

Reply to
Alan Wedin

I don't belong, but Laurie S. in this group does. Do you know about the Power Road cruise-in on Saturdays?

Exactly. All parts are donated by sponsor businesses, and funding is from drug busts. No taxpayer money is involved. This is a '98 that is

10k past the retirement mileage of 120k, and does light duty work. That's my "de-copped" '97 Interceptor next to it. I couldn't resist the irony of putting American Racing "Outlaw" wheels on a squad car. I'm so bad.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

This is not a regular patrol vehicle. The alignment guy sure had one hell of a big smile on his face after the test drive. He said the sound system rocked. I believe it.

No, I didn't. I was told it was stock. I might go find AJ's *other* modded Vic, which is the earlier model like mine, only Pro Streeted. It might have some goodies in it.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

You sound like you've OD'd on ricer chic. This is not a blingmobile. See other response for more info.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

I figured it was a PR type car. Like a I say it looks cool. I'm just playing the devil's advocate today.

You're probably right, I'm just a little sick of all the "car culture" getting rammed down my throat. I've lived it for years, now it seems you can just buy it on a blister pack at Wally's. I guess it's the same as when you like a band when they start out. You want them to do well and when the finally go big you end up hating them for "selling out" and the new teeny bopper fans for only liking their latest album. A real conundrum of life I guess.

I like things to be a bit different. Too many people are trying to show their "individuality" by bolting on the same shiney bits to their cars that everyone else has! Playing the same bad music on good stereos. Another enigma of human nature.

Rant Off. ;^) StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Rein

It must be nice to be a cop down there LOL. Follow that around when it retires I have a good home for it.

Reply to
69GT4spdtrac-loc

There's a Hell's Angels chapter in AJ. The cops have their hands full.

And how much are you paying me to follow it around?

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

The only thing I consider ghetto is the actual layout of the stereo, because it's more for show than accurate sound.

Reply to
CobraJet

Alan

I've seen their "processions" going down I60 on a few occasions. I prefer to give them as wide a berth as possible and let them go on by. Some really nice motorcycles though.

Reply to
Alan Wedin