PING: Jim Warman

Heyas Jim...

I was over at my regular shop a few days ago working out a deal w/ a new computer (I'm building them a new computer & networking all of their existing comps at the shop) and anyway... they were pretty swamped and we got a van come in that needed a tune up.. so they asked me to. So.. I check the air filter, check the plugs (whoah), fluids, etc. As I'm replacing the plugs... I overhear a problem on a Ford Taurus... the owner saying it's pinging a bit. So my regular mechanic Adam says he'll test drive it & verify it... he goes off for about 5 or so mins.. comes back & confirms it's pinging. He pulls out the "Octane Adjust Shorting Bar" and tests drives it again... no more pinging. I researched on the web what this is & he explained why he removed it and how it helped... but I was wondering if this was dangerous to do at all. Thanks, Jim =).

-Mike

Reply to
<memset