Odd sound from clutch?

When I drive, I hear a squeeking sound from (I assume) the clutch. When I apply slight pressure on the cluth pedal, it goes away. It's almost like a worn brake sound.

Reply to
RichA

Throw-out (release) bearing.

-Mike

Reply to
memset

Your throwout beraing is dry. Replace it before it locks up or ruins the the clutch fork.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Then someone said;

However, it may not be a bad throwout bearing. If the noise goes away when you lightly rest your foot on the clutch then the problem is a bad release arm bushing. Cheap and (relatively) easy to fix.

Reply to
RichA

LMFAO

enough said